Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Comedy World Cup

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're gay.

I think I've got to take out Brass Eye and The Day Today, as they aren't sitcoms. Therefore Men Behaving Badly which was seconded ages ago goes in....and Gavin & Stacey.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
TOO LATE. Sorry.

Final list:

I'm Alan Partridge
The Office
Porridge
Fawlty Towers
The Young Ones
Blackadder
Only Fools & Horses
Father Ted
Spaced
Black Books
Peep Show
Red Dwarf
Bottom
Men Behaving Badly
Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights
The Royle Family
Gavin & Stacey
The Thick Of It
Miranda
Mrs Brown's Boys
The Inbetweeners
Extras
Green Wing
Minder
Lead Balloon
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Life's Too Short
The Mighty Boosh
Yes Minister/Prime Minister
Ever Decreasing Circles
The Good Life
The League of Gentlemen

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hold on, you have to get One Foot In The Grave in there. It is simply sublime comedy and should be a contender for the title in my opinion, although I admit it won't be with the demographic of NSC in mind.

Always next year fella. I can't keep chopping and changing now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I implore you to chop and change!

You've got Mrs Brown's Boys and Miranda in there for starters. Which halfwits put them forward?

You know my feelings about these shows, but they DO have quite a lot of fans (especially Miranda).

FINE. One Foot In The Grave is in, Mrs Brown's Boys is OUT.

BUT THAT IS IT. EVERYONE STOP NOW.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Absolutely. I can't believe I've been so switched off as to let the very best comedy of them all slip under the radar. This is going to be as devalued as winning the FA Cup in the season Man United weren't in it unless Victor makes an appearance I'm afraid.

Yes.

And Some Mothers Do Have Em.

Why's nominating closed so dam early.

MELLOTRON OUT

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get that poll UP and let the good folk of NSC have their say. If OFITG loses out I will accept it like a man, but I would urge everyone to just picture the scene where a garden centre delivery boy has planted a small tree in the toilet pan after being told to "leave it in the downstairs toilet" and vote with their hearts.

Don't worry. I've not bothered with the poll, I know that OFITG would win even if most were voting for it as a protest vote against Mrs Brown's Bollocks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In all seriousness, this is the best plan. Just have groups with extra competitors if required. The cream will rise to the top regardless of whether there are two or ten shows in each group.

Nah I want a classic World Cup 32.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Minder is/was not a sit com. If you are allowing comedy dramas, then you have to allow shows like Morecombe and Wise, the Two Ronnies etc.

It's close enough to the parameters. I've also allowed Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, and The Thick Of It, neither of which are "classic" sitcoms, but are close enough, i.e. aren't sketch shows or spoof comedy versions of other genres of show (The Day Today, Brass Eye etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here