Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] UFOs over the Channel?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I have a friend (Lukas) in Slovakia who, just two days ago sent me this picture he'd taken with his camera.
I commented that considering the content of his photo and the tiny area of space it captured, there just couldn't be any way that we're alone out here.
Nb These are Slovakian stars etc so might differ from the British ones we see. ;)
Oh, and a picture of his chilly camera set up for interest.
View attachment 172707

View attachment 172708
Is that part of the Orion constellation whose stars are aligned with the pyramids of Giza? hmm....

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
It was a (pleasant) surprise seeing this thread resurrected.
I think that the statistical chances of us being alone in the Universe are very small and if any other more intelligent being (probably a bigger chance) visited us and saw what we are doing to destroy every other species and our own, they'd leave pretty sharpish.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
It was a (pleasant) surprise seeing this thread resurrected.
I think that the statistical chances of us being alone in the Universe are very small and if any other more intelligent being (probably a bigger chance) visited us and saw what we are doing to destroy every other species and our own, they'd leave pretty sharpish.

Or having seen how their experiment is coming along have gone away to discuss whether to change anything or let it run to conclusion?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There is a theory that any intelligent species in the universe that reach are level of creating nuclear weapons and creating fast changing global warming by fossil fuels will go extinct quickly anyway, so it's only a few hundred years that we could communicate if it was possible.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Or having seen how their experiment is coming along have gone away to discuss whether to change anything or let it run to conclusion?
Probably just turn our light off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here