Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] UEFA Europa League qualifiers - a thread

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
A nice bit of blue and white in the away shirt.
I would assume we would likely get a severe slap if seen wearing it in Bergamo?

Google maps tells me the two clubs are just a 40 minute drive from each other, about 33 miles.
If we did get drawn against Atalanta it is certainly a fixture that could be turned into a holiday with a partner who doesn't like football.
Slaps, no doubt!

The home one is blue with a white V. They have a red 3rd for clashes. I like this one though.

Although in typical De Zerbi style it's skinny fit so most of us would look terrible 😂

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've just seen that Vetra Vilnius could well be in the Europa league. My daughter is part Lithuanian. I would love to take her, its a lovely city.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I've just seen that Vetra Vilnius could well be in the Europa league. My daughter is part Lithuanian. I would love to take her, its a lovely city.

Anywhere in the Baltics would be wonderful! I haven't been to Riga, Vilnius or Tallinn (my personal favourite) since 1989-90 when I was a student at Leningrad State U. Very fond memories of all of them.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Anywhere in the Baltics would be wonderful! I haven't been to Riga, Vilnius or Tallinn (my personal favourite) since 1989-90 when I was a student at Leningrad Stage U. Very fond memories of all of them.

I'm a big fan of the baltics. Riga is always behind Vilnius on people's lists of cities but it has alot to offer IMO

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I've had a look into where the Baltic clubs are predicted to be next season.
For Lithuanian champions Zalgiris Vilnius, they are projected to be in Europa League so may be a potential opponent for Brighton.
Whilst Estonian champions Flora Tallinn are projected to be in the Europa Conference League.
Latvian champions Valmiera are least likely of a European group and are expected to crash out in the CL first qualifying round.
However these are only predictions and hopefully one or two teams will be in the Europa League for perhaps a Baltic trip.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Which part?
Well I'm 100% English but her mum is Russian with Lithuanian and georgian hertitage (first language Russian) Her great grandparents were some of the tiny % of Lithuanian Jews who survived WW2. One of them is still alive living in the Moscow suburbs.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Well I'm 100% English but her mum is Russian with Lithuanian and georgian hertitage (first language Russian) Her great grandparents were some of the tiny % of Lithuanian Jews who survived WW2. One of then is still alive living in the Moscow suburbs.
That's legitimately interesting.
I feel bad now, because I was joking and had in mind that she might have a Lithuanian leg.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
That's legitimately interesting.
I feel bad now, because I was joking and had in mind that she might have a Lithuanian leg.
Hahaha I figured you were pulling my leg!

If you get a chance to read about the plight of jews in lithuania it's incredibly sad and somewhat untold. The nazis, with the help of many Lithuanians murdered 90% of the Jewish population.

Anyway, it's an incredible country steeped in history. It was once a vast, powerful country that spanned most of modern Ukraine and Poland and Belarus amongst other countries.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For Lithuanian champions Zalgiris Vilnius, they are projected to be in Europa League so may be a potential opponent for Brighton.
Whilst Estonian champions Flora Tallinn are projected to be in the Europa Conference League.
Latvian champions Valmiera are least likely of a European group and are expected to crash out in the CL first qualifying round.
However these are only predictions and hopefully one or two teams will be in the Europa League for perhaps a Baltic trip.
Done England trips to both Tallinn and Vilinus - both brilliant cities. Vilnius ground is basically the Withdean.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Sorry, I meant Seville the city not Sevilla the club. Betis look good for EL qualification.
Betis have a massive stadium as well so we'd get a good sized allocation

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No idea how accurate this is, so don't shoot the messenger! But it was posted on an Albion related Facebook page..... likely predicted qualifiers and it stated 1 drawn from each pot......

Though I have no idea if the pot placements and/or seeding is known in advance?

I did here, that you can't be drawn against another from your country in group phase? so if this was even vaguely accurate, we couldn't get Liverpool or West Ham if winning conference.

Screenshot_20230524_122038_Telegram.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stadium capacity is 5000, so we'd get 250 tickets. The vast majority of us would have no chance of getting there

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No idea how accurate this is, so don't shoot the messenger! But it was posted on an Albion related Facebook page..... likely predicted qualifiers and it stated 1 drawn from each pot......

Though I have no idea if the pot placements and/or seeding is known in advance?

I did here, that you can't be drawn against another from your country in group phase? so if this was even vaguely accurate, we couldn't get Liverpool or West Ham if winning conference.

View attachment 161286

That was the projection before Juve's points deduction. Here's the updated version (not sure what happened to Slavia Prague)

IMG-20230524-WA0005.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Right, so we're 99.99% certain of playing in the Europa League next season - time to whet our appetite a little. Who are our possible opponents?

I'll start with French Cup winners, Toulouse FC. This would be a brilliant city to visit but, unfortunately, the incompetence of the French police and the possibilty of a ban on away fans means they're best avoided.
I'm literally just driving into Toulouse for the first time ever, so this feels like a sign.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here