Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] UEFA Europa League qualifiers - a thread

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Right, so we're 99.99% certain of playing in the Europa League next season - time to whet our appetite a little. Who are our possible opponents?

I'll start with French Cup winners, Toulouse FC. This would be a brilliant city to visit but, unfortunately, the incompetence of the French police and the possibilty of a ban on away fans means they're best avoided.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’m a little confused, the thread title suggests we have to ‘qualify’ for the Europa League, so we have to play qualifying games before we get to group stage?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Next is Sporting CP, who finished 4th in Portugal's top flight to qualify for the Europa League.
Lisbon is a beautiful city with loads of historic attractions for visitors, plus the club is known for producing players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes recently.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ajax look nailed on for the Europa league. To finish any higher, they need to win their last game and PSV to lose theirs.

Amsterdam. We'd take thousands. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

(Sadly, AZ Alkmaar will be there too - with their Palace-esque two-bob ground and black-clad spotty pricks)

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Next is Sporting CP, who finished 4th in Portugal's top flight to qualify for the Europa League.
Lisbon is a beautiful city with loads of historic attractions for visitors, plus the club is known for producing players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes recently.
That would be absolutely beautiful although Lisbon is much further for me than Istanbul!

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230523_181126_Samsung Internet~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523_181126_Samsung Internet~2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 26

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Quite like the away one
A nice bit of blue and white in the away shirt.
I would assume we would likely get a severe slap if seen wearing it in Bergamo?

Google maps tells me the two clubs are just a 40 minute drive from each other, about 33 miles.
If we did get drawn against Atalanta it is certainly a fixture that could be turned into a holiday with a partner who doesn't like football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here