Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] UEFA Europa League qualifiers - a thread

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I found an updated, updated version.
It is predicted that Atalanta will reach the Europa League instead of Juventus after their 4-1 loss to Empoli.
Slavia Prague are projected to crash out in the qualifying stages, due to their lower coefficient, and therefore finish up in the ECL group stages.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The 5% rule is absolute madness, I think most would get a ticket for the Pot 1 & Pot 2 teams, but Pot 4, if, we are in Pot 3, is going to be almost impossible, could well have an allocation south of 1,000.

However, I had been reading the Uefa, ticketing policy (Article 38). It does say 'at least' 5% so, if could be more, if we offer the same to visiting clubs coming here.

1684932902574.png

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This is the best source I know for projecting the potential pots - https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx...443&ithint=file,xlsx&authkey=!AJJHZbWEiHqbZgw

Fairly similar to the @UefaRankings Twitter projections, but a few differences, the main pot 1 difference currently projects Roma to qualify for the CL and therefore not in Pot 1 of EL.

So many factors still at play, such as domestic and continental cup outcomes, in addition to league placings. Given our coefficient is right at the top of pot 3, I don't think it's out of the question that we could end up in Pot 2.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
sorry to ask a dumb question, but is it ALWAYS one from each pot constitutes the group? ie no chance of playing royal antwerp or USG based on the above..?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
sorry to ask a dumb question, but is it ALWAYS one from each pot constitutes the group? ie no chance of playing royal antwerp or USG based on the above..?
Yeah, that is how it always works.
However there is still a chance of Brighton playing Royal Antwerp/USG, as they could be moved up to pot 2, but that depends upon who qualifies.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Liverpool have qualified for the Europa League after finishing 5th in the Premier League.
The city previously hosted Eurovision this year, and boasts many attractions such as the Royal Albert Dock and The Beatles Museum.
The club has won 6 Champions League and 3 Europa League titles, however we will not face them until the quarter finals as they are part of the same FA.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Nice article from Not Andy Naylor:

:clap:

(how do you do 'mention' tags in the new forum software?)
Really nice article - gets the adrenalin flowing! Milan would be brilliant for me.

Can't wait for the draw on TV on September 1st. Just seeing our full name revealed on one of those crumpled up pieces of paper is going to be quite magnificent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here