Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UEFA cave in on FFP

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nothing inflames the desire to watch football more than court cases and lawyers, another win for footballing authorities everywhere!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
To be honest, I don't pretend to understand the FFP rules. Fining clubs who have overspent isn't really logical. Banning them from signing players, fine. Maybe capping their wage bill as a percentage of their income, maybe, but all clubs fiddle, ahem I mean use legit accounting techniques to present a suitable set of accounts. I do believe that little clubs should still be able to aspire to the top, but not at the cost of financial ruin.

It's a difficult balance to achieve.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's beginning to look as though the FFP financial prudence that has seen the Albion sell its best players and replace them with rubbish has all been for nowt. In the meantime Bournemouth have been promoted to the Prem.

WHAT.A.****ING.SHAMBLES!

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
what about if the football players are treated like normal creditors,, they get whats left after HMRC have taken the money they are owed by the club. The players then have to settle for so much pence in the pound like everyone else... I bet they would be careful who they signed for then in case they did not get their full money, I honestly do not understand why the players get paid in full and HMRC and the small creditors get next to nothing... it only happens in football. It would be interesting if HMRC took the next club to go bust to court and challenge the FA ruling.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
What's PB going to use an excuse after a poor transfer window? Before anyone jumps in, I do not expect TB to keep digging deep.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rules to be relaxed after ten clubs employ lawyers to claim FFP discriminates against them. Clubs rumoured to include Manchester City.

EUFA on the other hand don't want tinpot clubs playing in the Champions League because they've dished out fines to big clubs who then fail to reach the group stages. They need those TV and media broadcast rights to be bringing in as much money as possible.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What's PB going to use an excuse after a poor transfer window? Before anyone jumps in, I do not expect TB to keep digging deep.

As this only applies to the Champions League, is there something you know that we don't?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That may be so but wont it filter down to the likes of QPR and Forest etc. or what about clubs in Div 2 if Portsmouth were to do the same for Paul Cook and supply endless funds for players, would that be ok.

Different rules in League 2

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I told you'll...barber and bloom gambled and now they have been shown to have drawn the wrong cards.

Wecouldbein the premiershite if they had the forsight to listen to me and Ernest!

BARBER OUT. #itsallstockdalesfault.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
what about if the football players are treated like normal creditors,, they get whats left after HMRC have taken the money they are owed by the club. The players then have to settle for so much pence in the pound like everyone else... I bet they would be careful who they signed for then in case they did not get their full money, I honestly do not understand why the players get paid in full and HMRC and the small creditors get next to nothing... it only happens in football. It would be interesting if HMRC took the next club to go bust to court and challenge the FA ruling.

They pretty much tried that with Pompey didn't they ? The law needs changing.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Platini = French.....PSG = French.....only reason he is willing to relax the rules...as they are complaining they cannot compete.

FFP just means the big clubs stay in control and no new comers can compete (man city,psg, Monaco).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It will be a FREE for all again, all FIFA and the FA have to say if you go bust, in administration or whatever you can't form a club in the same league you start again at the bottom of the pyramid

That will never happen and we all know it-except if it is a struggling lower league/conference side.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Platini = French.....PSG = French.....only reason he is willing to relax the rules...as they are complaining they cannot compete.

This.

PSG are owned by Qatar Sports Investments.
Platini voted for Qatar to host the World Cup
He is COMPLETELY in the Arabs pockets - so the moment they start kicking off about FFP stifling their investment, surprise surprise, Platini bends over to take it up the chocolate starfish and starts talking about relaxing the rules. The smelly french brie-munching slag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here