Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uckfield and the Albion

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Coming over to Uckfield next week for my Dads funeral at the Holy Cross Church in the town that was his home with his 4 brothers for the first 30 years or so.
He took me to my first Albion match in the late 70's and i've never lost the love for my team. We use to visit my nan in Framfield Road opposite the Alma pub then go off to watch the Seagulls. Just wondering how many other fans come from Uckfield and watch the Seagulls.

Going to take my Seagulls scarf as he wanted something blue at his funeral.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Rest in peace. Much love.

Moved away now but I lived there for 10 years as a younger lad. Got the bus to every home game into Brighton/Falmer. Good memories.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Coming over to Uckfield next week for my Dads funeral at the Holy Cross Church in the town that was his home with his 4 brothers for the first 30 years or so.
He took me to my first Albion match in the late 70's and i've never lost the love for my team. We use to visit my nan in Framfield Road opposite the Alma pub then go off to watch the Seagulls. Just wondering how many other fans come from Uckfield and watch the Seagulls.

Going to take my Seagulls scarf as he wanted something blue at his funeral.
The Alma was/is a great pub. Havent been for a few years now mind.

Sep 9, 2010
Brought up in Uckfield for the first 19 years of my life. I went to HC primary school where my mum taught I used to be in HC church a lot as I was in the choir. My mum and dad now in their 80's still go and are in the choir still!!!!

I'm now settled in the footballing backwater that is Northampton but I've managed to convince both my children to support the Albion! Go me!

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope the funeral goes ok for you.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Moved to Brighton (from Australia) in 2005, then out to Uckfield nearly 10 years ago. Became a proper BHAFC fan since moving here, so I guess I'm a "fan from Uckfield" in that sense :p.

Condolences on your loss.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
Brought up in Uckfield for the first 19 years of my life. I went to HC primary school where my mum taught I used to be in HC church a lot as I was in the choir. My mum and dad now in their 80's still go and are in the choir still!!!!

I'm now settled in the footballing backwater that is Northampton but I've managed to convince both my children to support the Albion! Go me!

I lived on the corner of selby road/framfield road from 1971-1977 before moving to Bognor. Cant remember what school i went to in Uckfield
Going to have a look around as the house my dad and his brothers were born in is still there opposite the Alma.

Disco Snr

Dec 20, 2022
Hi Torchie, I lived in Uckfield in the same area as you growing up, lived in Uckfield/Maresfield for most of my life - a couple of periods away and then moved out to Horam area. I went to HC school from 70-76. Used to play football and knock about in Selby Road so we probably know the same people. small world.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
Hi Torchie, I lived in Uckfield in the same area as you growing up, lived in Uckfield/Maresfield for most of my life - a couple of periods away and then moved out to Horam area. I went to HC school from 70-76. Used to play football and knock about in Selby Road so we probably know the same people. small world.
Dont suppose you remember the Cogger family ?
we are having the cremation at Horam.

Sep 9, 2010
Did my mum, Mrs Dwelly teach you by any chance?

Sep 9, 2010
I lived on the corner of selby road/framfield road from 1971-1977 before moving to Bognor. Cant remember what school i went to in Uckfield
Going to have a look around as the house my dad and his brothers were born in is still there opposite the Alma.
Nice. I had a few friends living around that area. Wayne Penfold, Steve Miles from what I can remember.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

HC school is No more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here