[Albion] U18s game postponed after Arsenal team goes to Bournemouth by mistake

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
1699112167044.png

smiker

Sep 3, 2021
Not that unlikely that driver typed BH15 instead of BN15 in to the sat nav. Happened at least once to someone visiting. Same thoughts about how do you not notice? In that case is was because he was on handsfree calls!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How did they manage to get all the way there and not realise it? Surely someone somewhere must have thought “hmm…not seeing Brighton on many of these road signs…”

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I suspect what happened is that they thought they were in fact playing Bournemouth, rather than Brighton.

Big six fans always mix us up for some reason. Little South Coastal clubs beginning with B, easy mistake to make right?!
Maybe Bognor too?

Incompetence from someone who will Shirley be getting sacked in the morning ....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How did they manage to get all the way there and not realise it? Surely someone somewhere must have thought “hmm…not seeing Brighton on many of these road signs…”
You don’t know where you’re going!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I going mad - where does it say the Bmouth bit in the article?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Am I going mad - where does it say the Bmouth bit in the article?
It’s been edited. Earlier version clearly said Bournemouth and even mentioned the distance from their training ground to ours.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s been edited. Earlier version clearly said Bournemouth and even mentioned the distance from their training ground to ours.
Ah I assumed it would be something like that. I reckon someone from PR at Arsenal got onto that!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ah I assumed it would be something like that. I reckon someone from PR at Arsenal got onto that!

Look at the full URL/address for the webpage though. That still mentions Bournemouth

Jul 16, 2023
Very strange that the Arsenal Under 18 coach and former Bournemouth player Jack Wilshere did not notice before it was too late. Maybe Kemy Agustein was driving the coach, I’m guessing he used to struggle to find our training ground when he played for us.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The thing is, if you're heading for Lancing for (at the latest) an 11am arrival, and you take (just say) the M3 instead of the M23, you'd have to be a long way down the M3 before realising that it's impossible to double back, or hang a left onto the A272, and still make it.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
View attachment 169191still shit driving but not quite as bad as first reported
ah, that reliable news source The Argus, well I can only take from that is the Arsenal team took a morning stroll on Bournemouth pier turned up at Dean Court (or whatever it’s called) got changed in the away changing room and walked out on to the pitch five minutes before kick off time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here