Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
So, as someone with much more knowledge on this than most of us, What do you think the result will be in fury v klitchko?

Klitschko by KO in the mid rounds. I can see Fury boxing to orders in the early rounds and fighting on the back foot but still getting punished by Wlad's timing. I think this will lead Fury into trying to take the fight to him coming forward a lot more and ultimately walking into Klitschko's right hand.

Fury's best chance is to make himself as awkward as he can, be patient and wait for the later rounds to make his move. He is in much better shape than usual and an ageing Klitschko may struggle in the later rounds. But I can't see that happening, think Klitschko's quality will shine through early on.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I hope Fury wins, I will be roaring him on, but just see this as a bridge to far. Firtha beating him up and Pajkic flooring him with a straight right, to me shows his chin is vulnerable. Fury is strong, height and reach advantage, a good puncher but catch him square and he's reeling. His chins susceptibility won't have changed, hopefully his defense has enough to counter the risks. I will be delighted if he does it, of course its possible, but still think gulf in class is telling.

Joshua hasn't just fought post/milkmen :) he beat (albeit past his best) Sprott, and whilst Kevin Johnson had seen better days, he'd never in his career been stopped and Joshua destroyed him.

You're right bigger challenges are ahead, but any boxer can only beat whats in front of him and every pro starting out has a few bums in the opening line up. Whyte is up a level, and he needs that now, but the quality in his performances says enough to be confident. Its always possible that Whyte can beat him, don't think it will be the end of the world if Whyte lands a KO punch, as long as the performance is there, only if Whytye dominates him in the fight and wins, but I don't see that.
Really cant wait for that one, think Joshua really needs to move through the gears now. Assuming he wins the British title against Whyte logically it will be Erkan Teper (15-0) for the european belt soon :That would be some fight. He could do with a Derek Chisora type fight, someone who will slug and land a few, will be good test of chin.

The thing is Wlad is also chinny, but the reason I think Wlad will win is because he is more composed, hes not going to go guns blazing, he wont try and look for a knock out until Tyson slips up. Tyson will go out there (i believe) and try and win, and win by KO so he will be open especially in the later rounds when he is tried. Like you though I really hope Fury pulls a shock win out the bag.

Please dont mention the Sprott fight mate lol he was more then shot, the fight shouldn't even of been sanctioned! Joshua has literally fought no one yet, and thats fair enough because he is still learning, but the hype is ridiculous. After the Whyte fight is when we can really see where he is at, its like a measuring stick fight. From then as you say Teper could be a good match up, maybe Joseph Parker a fight or two down the line. Chisora has left Warren now so Im not sure where he stands, I cant see him going over to Matchroom.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
What does the jab jab grab, jab jab grab combo until he's settled after about 4 or 5 & then he'll let the odd big shot go - it only takes 1 from Dr steel hammer!

That said heavyweights only takes 1 shot from any of them

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Joshua is an overrated bum just like Harrison was, Olympic Gold Medals mean nothing

I don't quite agree with you. My only concern with Joshua is that he's not big enough for the really big guys who will lean on him & maul him

Audrey's problem was that he didn't have a big punch & couldn't take 1.

Joshua can punch for sure - can he take one? Is the ?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Slightly unrelated but I sat next to Johnny Nelson on a flight to Dusseldorf this week. **** me he was big in real life. Much bigger than on TV and hands like shovels. And he was only cruiserweight. I can't begin to imagine what being smacked by a heavyweight would be like.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Fury weighs in much lighter than he suggested, just 1lb lighter than Klitschko. Would support support my thinking that he will be on the back foot keeping out the way trying to get Wlad to commit.

Interesting that there was no real height advantage either. Probably down to posture.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Joshua is an overrated bum just like Harrison was, Olympic Gold Medals mean nothing

OK I'll bite. Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Patterson, Michael Spinks, Leon Spinks, Cassius Clay ( I wonder what happened to him ) Andre Ward, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Klitschko. Not a world title between them.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
i'd have though in this day and age they would be using scales that didn't look like an abacus crossed with a set square.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here