Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
AJ is 14-0 (14) now. Whilst I agree he looks a very special talent and could well go on to becoming one of the best Heavyweights this country has produced, we have not seen him really tested yet. Only when he gets hit on the chin, and comes back to win will we know if he really has what it takes. December 12th he takes on Dillian Whyte who has also been knocking everyone out and beat AJ in the armatures. Could well be a test but I suspect this will be another miss match and won't last 3 rounds. Really looking forward to seeing how his career unfolds.
Beat him in the armatures? Must have been really wound up for that one!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Does anybody think that he will give Klitschko a real fight?

I really hope that Fury stands by what he has been saying.By that I mean he comes to fight.
He has 4 things going for him but not much else.

He has a confidence that I honestly believe is genuine.
He has a reach advantage
He has a height advantage
He has an age advantage.

Apart from that everything is against him.

The only way I can see him winning is to fight fire with fire.
I don't mean to just stand & trade punches with Klitschko because he will lose but
to be aggressive.
Be first to the punch,use your speed & height advantage.
Fight on the front foot.
The minute he starts retreating then it's all over.

I have genuine belief in myself,
I am younger than Klitchko,
I'm taller than Klitchko
I have a longer reach.

Not sure that equates to having a chance though.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
His only hope is to box & move, which he can do quite well. However wk has a great jab - but this time has a reach disadvantage.

I'm looking forward to it, but I expect tf to be ko

ack

Apr 20, 2006
TBH only chance, 6-7 rounds of move and use speed on the jab, then use weight and lean in wilst Klit tirering

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I dont see Fury winning either, but that being said he has improved dramatically since them fights you posed, you cant really use them as a benchmark.

His chin isnt great, but neither is Wlads, but I still think Wlad wins by KO. Saying that he has something the Klitschko team are weary about, they paid Tyson a while back to to an all expenses training camp for 'sparing' and didnt have him step into the ring once, but they still kept him there for 2 weeks and watched him.

And Joshua has been knocking over post and milkmen for far, there is no point making any judgements until after the Whyte fight.

I hope Fury wins, I will be roaring him on, but just see this as a bridge to far. Firtha beating him up and Pajkic flooring him with a straight right, to me shows his chin is vulnerable. Fury is strong, height and reach advantage, a good puncher but catch him square and he's reeling. His chins susceptibility won't have changed, hopefully his defense has enough to counter the risks. I will be delighted if he does it, of course its possible, but still think gulf in class is telling.

Joshua hasn't just fought post/milkmen :) he beat (albeit past his best) Sprott, and whilst Kevin Johnson had seen better days, he'd never in his career been stopped and Joshua destroyed him.

You're right bigger challenges are ahead, but any boxer can only beat whats in front of him and every pro starting out has a few bums in the opening line up. Whyte is up a level, and he needs that now, but the quality in his performances says enough to be confident. Its always possible that Whyte can beat him, don't think it will be the end of the world if Whyte lands a KO punch, as long as the performance is there, only if Whytye dominates him in the fight and wins, but I don't see that.
Really cant wait for that one, think Joshua really needs to move through the gears now. Assuming he wins the British title against Whyte logically it will be Erkan Teper (15-0) for the european belt soon :That would be some fight. He could do with a Derek Chisora type fight, someone who will slug and land a few, will be good test of chin.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
AJ is 14-0 (14) now. Whilst I agree he looks a very special talent and could well go on to becoming one of the best Heavyweights this country has produced, we have not seen him really tested yet. Only when he gets hit on the chin, and comes back to win will we know if he really has what it takes. December 12th he takes on Dillian Whyte who has also been knocking everyone out and beat AJ in the armatures. Could well be a test but I suspect this will be another miss match and won't last 3 rounds. Really looking forward to seeing how his career unfolds.

A great night for boxing.
Eubank Jr Vs Spike O'Sullivan at the same event. Can't wait!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
up early, full english (in the Cliftonville?), hit the road, Derby pubs for midday. Derby v Albion, straight down to london, few more beers and fight night at the O2- before rocking back in the early hours.

If Carlsberg made wives, mine may approve..... unfortunately they only make lager. Take you shopping? I'd love to darling

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
A great night for boxing.
Eubank Jr Vs Spike O'Sullivan at the same event. Can't wait!

Yep, could be a great fight that one. I have sparred with Chris many times so know his quality, but Spike will be very tough so hard to stop. Managed to score some ringside tickets to this, should be a great night of boxing with Bellew, Cambell, Mitchell and Warrington all on the card too. Also heard a few whispers that Pauli Malignaggi could be boxing too.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yep, could be a great fight that one. I have sparred with Chris many times so know his quality, but Spike will be very tough so hard to stop. Managed to score some ringside tickets to this, should be a great night of boxing with Bellew, Cambell, Mitchell and Warrington all on the card too. Also heard a few whispers that Pauli Malignaggi could be boxing too.

Ah, very jealous.
Would love ringside tickets for this but will have to make to with watching on tv.

I'm reckon' Eubank will win over 12 rounds. I've watched Spike's last few fights, particularly his against Billy Joe Saunders.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son is considering paying for this what time is it due to start GMT to see whether I shall go to his to watch it. USA is silly oclock but being in Germany it may be on at a sensible time

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

So, as someone with much more knowledge on this than most of us, What do you think the result will be in fury v klitchko?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here