Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury on R2 today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do actually feel a bit sorry for him though. It seems journos are now queuing up to get him to open his moronic gob.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Love the bitterness on this thread. King Tyson the new heavyweight champion of the world or that boring idiot Joshua or the stiff Ukranian? No competition.
Joshua a boring idiot ?Why ? And give him a liitle bit more experience and he'll destroy fury, thats if he wouldnt now.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Many successful people in both sports and business hold very disrespectful and hatred views of those that are different to them. Sometimes it is part of the ingredient that made the successful.

if successful people should be role models we need to redefine the rules that selects the winners.

For this reason in my opinion he shouldn't be sports personality of the year. He says give it to someone who will appreciate it. He has got his deserved reward.

His also deserves to hear the reactions to his remarks. The people they upset deserve the opportunity to reply.

My hero is maradonna lol. What a cheating xxxx he is. But I admire his achievements and the joy he bought to others. Not his opinions or his ability to get a personal helping hand from god.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To win the undisputed heavy weight championship of the world used to be regarded as the richest prize in sport( I know another guy has 1 belt)

To beat a champion who was undefeated in 11 years deserves a lot of credit.

It reminds me a lot of the anti Murray stuff because he jokingly said he hoped the England football team would lose in the world cup, then he became hero again leading GB to win the Davis cup.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To win the undisputed heavy weight championship of the world used to be regarded as the richest prize in sport( I know another guy has 1 belt)

To beat a champion who was undefeated in 11 years deserves a lot of credit.

It reminds me a lot of the anti Murray stuff because he jokingly said he hoped the England football team would lose in the world cup, then he became hero again leading GB to win the Davis cup.

Nothing like the anti Murray stuff because that was, by most, accepted as tongue in cheek, and, at worse, only possibly offended 60m people. Tyson's comments should offend half of the world's population plus whatever percentage is LGBT and whatever percentage have had an abortion (on the basis that in many cases it could well have been a joint decision by both partners) and I accept some will fall in several categories.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He did a reasonable job of defending himself tonight, if it can be said to be anyway legitimate that 'hating the sin and not the sinner' can be applied to someone being gay (I paraphrase). This is old school Christianity, and while rather odious, it doesn't bother me a great deal, there being far worse doctrines. That said, he came across as daft, and in the same bracket as Hoddle when he made his needless comments about disabled people being paid back for sins done in a previous existence.

Using your sporting status to promote personal viewpoints is tricky. Certainly his revised comments are probably much more pastel shaded than his initial mouthings. That said, I am guilty of double standards in that I mentally applaud personalities who voice opinions that harmonize with my own, while getting on my high horse when they say stuff I don't like. Even so, using celebrity to promote a good cause seems OK to me, especially in contrast with using the opportunity to toss off provocative sound bites.

Anyway, I'm not sure the rants of Fury have any traction. There is a an online campaign now to have him redacted from the sports 'personality' compo, on the grounds that as this is a reward for personality he has just done a small poo in his own personality hat, and slapped it on his head for us all to consider . . . .

To whoever brough up Cassius Clay, he wasn't a Muslim then (obviously - its in the name). I will try to dig out the Godspeed You! Black Emperor track sometime, the one with rather sad music over a Clay press conference - so poignant. Clay's eloquence and humour and class make Fury sound like the bloke Clay might have employed to clean his swimming pool.

And in case anyone asks, I think all religions are rather sad - a design for life based on gaining strength through disregarding the evidence of the physical world and simply accepting someone else's interpretation of the opinion of a mythical creature. The more you fail to question the belief, the stronger you get. It may work for Fury, but not for me.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Nothing like the anti Murray stuff because that was, by most, accepted as tongue in cheek, and, at worse, only possibly offended 60m people. Tyson's comments should offend half of the world's population plus whatever percentage is LGBT and whatever percentage have had an abortion (on the basis that in many cases it could well have been a joint decision by both partners) and I accept some will fall in several categories.
He has his religious views. You don't have to agree with it but just accept what his views are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Many successful people in both sports and business hold very disrespectful and hatred views of those that are different to them. Sometimes it is part of the ingredient that made the successful.

Do you think that being a complete moron is the ingredient which has made him successful?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have read through this thread but still no idea what has gone on, what did Tyson say that offended people?

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I have read through this thread but still no idea what has gone on, what did Tyson say that offended people?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35031110

In an interview he said: "There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home: one of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other one's paedophilia.

In the aftermath of his win in Dusseldorf, Fury had said: "I'm not sexist. I believe a woman's best place is in the kitchen and on her back. That's my personal belief. Making me a good cup of tea, that's what I believe."

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Do you think that being a complete moron is the ingredient which has made him successful?

I don't know.

He might of found he was better at resolving conflicts with his fists than his words. So he evolved into a fighter.

His physical and boxing intelligence is there. I despise and condem what he said.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

havnt opened any news articles concerning fury at all,doesnt cross my radar,but opened this thread out of curiosity

im a bit perplexed as well,mainly about why he is being singled out

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I didn't realise he was at it again today. His hate talk needs to be addressed and his justification makes him sound even more stupid. I would prefer him to understand what he really is saying and to accept that it's horrible hurtful nonsense.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing to do with boxing is it?
Personal viewpoints/perspectives are just that.
Ignorance and stupidity are the issues not sport.

Reluctantly agree.

Freedom of speech means putting up with gobshites like him.

Can't stand the sport, even less the man and his views. But banning him doesn't sit well with me.

People who don't want him to win should simply vote for someone else.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
there is a lot of hysteria about some boxer's view on life.
parliament is not interested at the moment. I find him entertaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here