Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tyler Adams

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I would say that his injury record wasn't particularly out of the ordinary until the hamstring and that Leeds' points return without him almost halved. They didn't keep a single clean sheet in the league without him last season and conceded three or more in eight of the fourteen games he missed. They kept five clean sheets in the twenty four games he played and conceded three goals or more in five of those.

Had his defensive presence meant them maintaining the just under 1 point a game that they managed with him in the side, they would have finished level on points with Everton. When he got injured, their goal difference was seven better than Everton's. In the games that followed Everton's went from -18 to -23, whilst Leeds's went from -11 to -30. The heavy defeats that caused this were not just against the top sides. They let in 4 at Bournemouth and 5 at home to Palace.

I'm not sure any of this says that he's the one for us, but it certainly seems to suggest that Leeds should fight to keep him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Had this conversation yesterday. He could definitely do it but probably not in back to back twice a week games
Well that's fine. In some games we don't need this type of player. We had Gross and Gilmour in CM for the home demolition of Wolves for example.

There are definitely some games we'll need someone who can break up play

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think Tyler Adams is exactly the type of player we should be looking for. The question is, is he the quality of player to take us further.

To be fair he played well against England in the world cup. I've seen him for Leeds, but it's difficult to form an objective judgement about a player when he plays for a team you despise.

I'm still not sure.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Tyler Adams is exactly the type of player we should be looking for. The question is, is he the quality of player to take us further.

To be fair he played well against England in the world cup. I've seen him for Leeds, but it's difficult to form an objective judgement about a player when he plays for a team you despise.

I'm still not sure.
It’s the passing that worries me. Can he do all that quick and decisive stuff Caicedo did under pressure? More than happy with him breaking up opposition play and tackling etc.

The other thing, why is it only Chelsea that have activated his release clause? I think we’ll sign two players to replace Moises (one of those youngsters plus an experienced pro) but I’m not convinced Adams has the passing game to convince RDZ.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s the passing that worries me. Can he do all that quick and decisive stuff Caicedo did under pressure? More than happy with him breaking up opposition play and tackling etc.

The other thing, why is it only Chelsea that have activated his release clause? I think we’ll sign two players to replace Moises (one of those youngsters plus an experienced pro) but I’m not convinced Adams has the passing game to convince RDZ.
I wonder if we need to stop comparing players to Caicedo. It is almost certain we won't ever get a player quite like that again ever. Even Bissouma who was exceptional for us could not compete either with his success or consistency.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I wonder if we need to stop comparing players to Caicedo. It is almost certain we won't ever get a player quite like that again ever. Even Bissouma who was exceptional for us could not compete either with his success or consistency.
He still made mistakes just got away with it here, Saints at home he was shocking lost the ball twice in the middle of the park and they scored one and almost a second. I’m not doing that he was crap but I think it’s getting out of hand best DM in the world etc. Rodri has it all including goals he’s the best DM in the PL IMO.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He still made mistakes just got away with it here, Saints at home he was shocking lost the ball twice in the middle of the park and they scored one and almost a second. I’m doing that he was crap but I think it’s getting out of hand best DM in the world etc. Rodri has it all including goals he’s the best in the PL IMO.
He did make mistakes but overall kept them to a minimum. He is extremely tidy as a player and as I said consistent. I don't think he's necessarily best in the world but he's approaching that level and he's young. I can see why he went for such a large fee.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He did make mistakes but overall kept them to a minimum. He is extremely tidy as a player and as I said consistent. I don't think he's necessarily best in the world but he's approaching that level and he's young. I can see why he went for such a large fee.
I do wonder if drilled system players are as effective for another club’s system. Poch has stopped Colwill from playing like he did under RDZ and was hoofing in the first half yesterday. He settled down when Liverpool ran out of ideas yet under pressure he wasn’t the composed Colwill he was for us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I see where you are going with that. I guess that Caicedo’s value comes from the fact that he is probably world class at 6 & 8 and pretty good at right back too.

We only need a player to have certain aspects of Caicedo’s game though. Even then, they surely won’t be as good as him in those aspect but there is a minimum we need. Quick one touch passing is absolutely key to everything De Zerbi is about. We won’t be signing a player who is not adept at it, even at defensive midfield.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I do wonder if drilled system players are as effective for another club’s system. Poch has stopped Colwill from playing like he did under RDZ and was hoofing in the first half yesterday. He settled down when Liverpool ran out of ideas yet under pressure he wasn’t the composed Colwill he was for us.
I thought the same. First half like a carthorse but the second half more refined. Only took a short while to 'unbrighton' him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thanks but no thanks. We have players already here that are a better option than Adams.
Seems we were never interested if you believe this melt:

Perhaps those who wanted him here focused on all his running and tackling where as the club were put off by his lack of passing skills, injury record and lack of value - will he ever be worth much more than £20m?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here