Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two things about LuaLua

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I fret when he does his backflip, but I'm not his mother so .........

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Kazenga LuaLua vows to keep backflip celebration

Brighton & Hove Albion winger Kazenga LuaLua says he will not stop his backflip goal celebration despite a recent knee injury.

The 24-year-old, who was out of action for 10 weeks, scored for the first time in more than three months in Tuesday's 2-0 win over Derby County. "I know the staff don't like it when I do a backflip," DR Congo-born LuaLua told BBC Radio Sussex. "But I don't think anyone can stop me - it is how I celebrate."

Older brother Lomana, formerly with Colchester, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Olympiakos and now playing in Turkey, is also noted for his aerial acrobatics. "It is something in the family blood - it is always going to happen," LuaLua said.

He said working with manager Chris Hughton again, having previously played under the 56-year-old at Newcastle United, had helped him return from a frustrating spell on the sidelines and given him confidence as he looks to return to the starting line-up. "The gaffer has been superb with me since he got the job," he said. "He said not to rush anything and come back when the time is right, which I have been doing. I'm happy to get the goal. "Since I got back from injury it has been tough, I've been desperate to play and to start but there have been people ahead of me that had done well. You could see from how I celebrated that I was really happy."
Ah well that's answered my question

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His left foot can def get good contact with the ball. I love his low left footed crosses he's added in to his game. Much better now!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I like his backflip; I'd be disappointed if he stopped it.

If I had that sort of ability, I'd be doing backflips everyday at work.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My brother actually wondered if he realised that a football match has two halves.

I don't know if it is significant that his goal came in the last 20 minutes or so.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Apart from the goal, which was more luck than judgement ( but it still counts), I thought he was poor. Again demonstrated he is unable to read the game and in the first half was unable to understand that he should support a fellow player on the counter. Im not sure he is as good as some on here feel and in my opinion has a very long way to come. But a great summersault.

Rubbish.

He's my favourite player. Won't have word said against him!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Rubbish.

He's my favourite player. Won't have word said against him!

He's also my dads favourite player, but I feel he has so much to learn and needs to improve so much. How many goals has he scored this season? How many assists, how many over hit, under kit crosses, how many wayward shots, how many missed opportunities, how many times does he fail to read the play. There's so much, he's reached his peak, there's nothing more to come from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here