Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two things about LuaLua

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought Lua Lua was very poor, until around 65 mins, he started to run at people and take people on, he won a couple of freekicks and started to worry Shotten.

However full credit to him for that goal, it was fantastic. he finished the game very well.

Lua lua was better than most last night , but as soon as Stephens came on to replace tex who was poor last night, the whole team were much more solid , great goal by Kez

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Interesting that IMO Derby hadn't done their homework on him.

Almost always when KLL has received the ball this season, teams double up on him.

Yet last night, he found himself one on one with their full back.

Love the back flip, but having rolled his ankle earlier in the game, not sure how wise it was!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just seen the goal laid on a plate by COG and KLL took it, back to his old self

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Legend & his punching the air & screaming show how much it meant. Must be a major player if we are going to push up to the top of the league. We must play to his talent, defenders of all teams just cannot handle him

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What is Baldock doing in the team ahead of Kazenga? Or Teixeira for that matter? Lualua should start from the start!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: Lualua sprint speed is good enough most of the time. just not a patch on Buckley.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
It seemed as if he spent a good half an hour warming up while the other players got on with it, meaning he was ready to go after an hour- so in fact he only really played 10 minutes longer than normal.

I bloody love Lua Lua though. It just makes the game so much more entertaining when he is on. In the words of John Barnes "you can be slow or fast, but you must get to the line".

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It seemed as if he spent a good half an hour warming up while the other players got on with it, meaning he was ready to go after an hour- so in fact he only really played 10 minutes longer than normal.

I bloody love Lua Lua though. It just makes the game so much more entertaining when he is on. In the words of John Barnes "you can be slow or fast, but you must get to the line".

This. With a jet pack on.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Interesting that IMO Derby hadn't done their homework on him.

Almost always when KLL has received the ball this season, teams double up on him.

Yet last night, he found himself one on one with their full back.

Love the back flip, but having rolled his ankle earlier in the game, not sure how wise it was!

That's how Derby play. Full backs overlap. He should have been on from the start. Team selection was flawed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pleasing to see him trying to take players on again last night. He's spent a lot of time lately in the middle, not really going anywhere. I think most people want to see him pushing the ball past defenders and leaving them for dead. That's his forte. More please, Kaz.

He needs to do this to be effective better last night but a long way off of his best.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Apart from the goal, which was more luck than judgement ( but it still counts), I thought he was poor. Again demonstrated he is unable to read the game and in the first half was unable to understand that he should support a fellow player on the counter. Im not sure he is as good as some on here feel and in my opinion has a very long way to come. But a great summersault.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I do love it but should he be doing those mad flips when he's injury prone..?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I love watching him play and he is probably our most exciting player to watch. He would be so much better if he stopped throwing himself to the floor on every occasion. If you watch Tex and especially Kayal they try to keep going even after a bad tackle.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Kazenga LuaLua vows to keep backflip celebration

Brighton & Hove Albion winger Kazenga LuaLua says he will not stop his backflip goal celebration despite a recent knee injury.

The 24-year-old, who was out of action for 10 weeks, scored for the first time in more than three months in Tuesday's 2-0 win over Derby County. "I know the staff don't like it when I do a backflip," DR Congo-born LuaLua told BBC Radio Sussex. "But I don't think anyone can stop me - it is how I celebrate."

Older brother Lomana, formerly with Colchester, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Olympiakos and now playing in Turkey, is also noted for his aerial acrobatics. "It is something in the family blood - it is always going to happen," LuaLua said.

He said working with manager Chris Hughton again, having previously played under the 56-year-old at Newcastle United, had helped him return from a frustrating spell on the sidelines and given him confidence as he looks to return to the starting line-up. "The gaffer has been superb with me since he got the job," he said. "He said not to rush anything and come back when the time is right, which I have been doing. I'm happy to get the goal. "Since I got back from injury it has been tough, I've been desperate to play and to start but there have been people ahead of me that had done well. You could see from how I celebrated that I was really happy."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here