Two strikers and two wingers... look what happens.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's really not that simple, is it?

His setup and substitutions won us the game. What would have happened if we had started like that, nobody knows.

He's also got the players fit and available to do that now (touch wood).

Spot on....i wondered how many thought it was JFC coming off (who had played very well) ..several around me thought either Lingard or Buckley...bold substitution against QPR.......but then 3 points was essential after drawing at the weekend

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Spot on....i wondered how many thought it was JFC coming off (who had played very well) ..several around me thought either Lingard or Buckley...bold substitution against QPR.......but then 3 points was essential after drawing at the weekend

It was a shock, I thought it was certain to be Lingard, but putting Lingard Central gave them a real problem, and the game completely changed thereafter. Great management.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
100% correct

QPR were the best team we have played this season by a mile.

We battered Wigan & lost
We were totally outplayed by QPR & won

It sounds very simplistic but having the ability to put the ball in the net is what counts.

Totally outplayed??? Not from where I was watching. Very little between the teams but QPR undoubtably had the better chances before the goals.
Think Lopez being dropped for W.B made us a much better unit and QPR were wary of us from the off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2 points:

We were CLINICAL for once. 2 proper chances, two goals.

Lingard and Buckley played much more as part of a front 3, we were genuinely playing 433 for a lot of the first half so that helps.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was surprised that Lingard was kept on. He worked hard enough but like Saturday I thought he was poor and was losing confidence. Thought KLL would have replaced him and not JFC.

Dunk was strong tonight and nicked MOM for me.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Harry Kippered.

All as expected. I thought we would sacrifice the midfield and play a bit of a longer game. Silly Harry would maintain a high line than we would get around the back of them. Kippered completely. Slightly worried by Hoilett's runs might produce something for them, not with quality but persistence, with a chance of deflection.

Best performance I've seen under Oscar, but we struggled a little in midfield. I think that is because QPR played above themselves. And because Lingard's runs left the ball behind, and Forster-Caskey can't kick with his right foot (differs from others that can't kick with their left).

Not criticising Andrews, but he seems more like a defender and not a playmaker. Not that it matters cause we need another defender.

Looked very much like 4-4-2 when defending and 4-3-3 when attacking.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah he well 'got away with it'. I mean, drawing 0-0 with a team above, changing it and within 5 minutes winning the match.

Not sure what he did wrong.

Exactly and why people were apparently going to get on his back i have no idea ..they clearly hav no idea of the quality of teams we play...

as an aside that i understand was buckleys first start in 2 months...he was up against a good full back,,,didn't have his best game but more importantly lasted the whole game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports