Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two players taking the same corner?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I liked it.its usual for two players to hover over a free kick so why not a corner?from what I could work out ,the two players taking the corner where able to assess the marking in the box and decide who was best to pick out with an in swinger or an out swinger.also it means our players can spread themselves out in the box and not look a threat for an inswinger but suddenly is a threat if it's an outswinger and vice versa.i think other teams will follow potters lead and this will be the norm.genius.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
What's that all about then? definitely looks like something new off the training ground, but I can't really see how it creates any confusion or gives us an advantage. Just seems like a waste of a man to me ???

just get it in the box ffs!

That's the thing, they did just get it in the box with 2 on the corner. I suppose the idea is it must bring more defenders away from the box.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Imagine actually practicing this in training. Imagine being a player and being told this was a new tactic....

Imagining watching a game, not noticing we were actually more threatening at corners last night than we have been all season, then posting this.

Last edited:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Confused me last night but with hindsight we often have 2 men for a short corner. If the defender is not concentrating our second corner taker can either go up goal line or down side or any other direction and the defender doesn't have a head start.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's a symptom of the loss of confidence... someone to chat with, compare notes before firing in the corner or free kick.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Opposition players don't know whether it's going to be inswinging or outswinging.

Worth a go, seeing as all our other corners have been shite all season.

I'd disagree, om last night's one, it was clear to the opposition, given the ball placement, who was taking it, unless Solly was just going to tap it. Complete waste of a man.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The corners looked better last night, it was strange seeing 2 players taking a corner, but it kind of worked. Better than the short corner that ends up going backwards quickly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I liked it. Inswing or outswing, makes the other team think about defending it.

Really can't be moaning about that when we've been saying our set pieces at both ends have been crap, and we promptly create chances from our corners as a result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pure undiluted NSC at its best.

Corners have been shite all season.
2 players at the flag.
Corners look 100% better.
Could easily have provided 2 goals.
2 players at the flag is shite and a complete waste.

At least we can guarantee no crossover in those views. :lolol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can only assume that Trossard is viewed as a liability in the box and told to stand over there out of the way until it’s over, otherwise it makes no sense at all!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One man at a corner. Two men at a corner. Made no difference. We still can't score from a corner.

Ah but we don't nearly not score with one player.
We do nearly not score with two.

Which is better:-

Not scoring
Or
Nearly not scoring.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Opposition players don't know whether it's going to be inswinging or outswinging.

Worth a go, seeing as all our other corners have been shite all season.

The beauty of these last night was that we couldn't work the short corners all the way back to Matt Ryan.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Ah but we don't nearly not score with one player.
We do nearly not score with two.

Which is better:-

Not scoring
Or
Nearly not scoring.

Might be worth having three men taking the corner, might increase our chances further?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
DXhYZj1WAAAEYNk.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here