Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two players taking the same corner?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Two excellent chances created from corners today. What is Potter supposed to do? Head them in himself?

That isn't what I'm saying is it.
Swanny. You're a football fan. Come on mate, it doesn't matter ir March flicked it up, Tross hit crossed it and Dunk scored an overhead kick. Having two men standing over the same corner is nonsense. Wasting time on it in training when we have SERIOUS issues all over the field is criminal.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Swanny. You're a football fan. Come on mate, it doesn't matter ir March flicked it up, Tross hit crossed it and Dunk scored an overhead kick. Having two men standing over the same corner is nonsense. Wasting time on it in training when we have SERIOUS issues all over the field is criminal.

Totally disagree. We looked more dangerous on corners today than we have done all season. So unlucky not to score from one. Good to see we have improved something, could have been the difference today if Webster’s header was an inch lower.

You no doubt criticised our approach to set plays before and now we try something and you criticise. Some fan.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Opposition players don't know whether it's going to be inswinging or outswinging.

Worth a go, seeing as all our other corners have been shite all season.

Not sure there was that much confusion as there was no way that Trossard could have taken that corner unless he kicked through the corner flag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Totally disagree. We looked more dangerous on corners today than we have done all season. So unlucky not to score from one. Good to see we have improved something, could have been the difference today if Webster’s header was an inch lower.

You no doubt criticised our approach to set plays before and now we try something and you criticise. Some fan.

Okay. Then Potter is a genuine visionary. Cool. That's sorted.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I'm assuming you're on a wind up but just in case, you must realise it draws at least one defender out of the box and so creates more space in there?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What's that all about then? definitely looks like something new off the training ground, but I can't really see how it creates any confusion or gives us an advantage. Just seems like a waste of a man to me ???

just get it in the box ffs!

Imagine actually practicing this in training. Imagine being a player and being told this was a new tactic....

Its not like its some brand new thing invented tonight.

city-5.jpg

napoli-2.jpg

It may be nonsense to you but its quite common. I'm sure that if you email Potter, Sarri and Guardiola they will realise its all bullshit and never do it again, but for now you'll have to live with it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not sure there was that much confusion as there was no way that Trossard could have taken that corner unless he kicked through the corner flag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Would you please stop giving away team tactics. Sheff United Scouts could be infiltrating NSC.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Its not like its some brand new thing invented tonight.

View attachment 131454

View attachment 131455

It may be nonsense to you but its quite common. I'm sure that if you email Potter, Sarri and Guardiola they will realise its all bullshit and never do it again, but for now you'll have to live with it.

You're lols Swanny. Top value. You and google are a very amusing team.
As i said earlier, I'm enlightened. Can't wait to see more of it in future matches.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Are you suggesting a professional football team shouldn’t be practicing set pieces?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

if your read my other posts you'd see that I was only asking for an explanation and if it han been done before, the 'get it in the box' comment was merely tongue in cheek. absolutely no need for you to be so patronising. for future reference, if you can't answer me nicely then don't bother :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
if your read my other posts you'd see that I was only asking for an explanation and if it han been done before, the 'get it in the box' comment was merely tongue in cheek. absolutely no need for you to be so patronising. for future reference, if you can't answer me nicely then don't bother :thumbsup:

Sorry it was pretty much only meant to be patronising towards the other guy.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Guaranteed we'll try something else on Sunday then !
I have it on good authority that, and keep this quiet so Sheffield don't hear it, Potter has another visionary master plan for a corner on Sunday. When we get a corner on the left Solly will go over as if to take it but Trossard will go over to the right as if to take it there. Sheffield United won't know which way to look. This will work...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here