Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

two(2) points

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting debate. When we got back on our coach (Mid Sussex seagulls) a couple of us thought he had a good game, letting the game flow. A few of the Burgess Hill lads thought he was dreadful. It's all about opinions but I would be more than happy for today's ref to be in charge of another of our games.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Load of cr@p, I wanna watch a game that flows and some tackles are let go as opposed to just breathing on an opponent , and him rolling about like he's been shot. Ref had a good game today, it's just sour grapes from some of our supporters who like a scapegoat.
As Dunk or JFC weren't available for selection today, it was the ref or the pitch.

so which game were you watching Dunk played the whole game,

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sorry I thought this was going to be the 'How many points in January' thread.... not just another whinge about the ref in a game we lost. Presumably there is a similar one about the pitch somewhere? Any other feeble excuse threads around? I will try my best to ignore them as well.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ref was actually okay, I really wish we could hang that match on him......but we can't.
3 points from a potential 18 is our main problem.
Need some big players in this window.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
There were two occasions where he played advantage. We then lost possession in the next phase and he didn't pull play back. One of those was a foul on Kayal on the edge of their box. If you play advantage and then possession is lost in the NEXT pass, you MUST bring it back for the foul. Very very inconsistent. James Henry made 3 fouls in the space of 5 minutes and didn't get a booking. Lots of niggly little things.

In addition, a ref can be crap without costing us the game! Two separate points.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he was poor but equally for both sides. What really amused me was that the 4th Official put the 5 min board up while the game was stopped for an injury how did he know how much longer play would be stopped would it be another 1 minute or 10 minutes?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There were two occasions where he played advantage. We then lost possession in the next phase and he didn't pull play back. One of those was a foul on Kayal on the edge of their box. If you play advantage and then possession is lost in the NEXT pass, you MUST bring it back for the foul. Very very inconsistent. James Henry made 3 fouls in the space of 5 minutes and didn't get a booking. Lots of niggly little things.

In addition, a ref can be crap without costing us the game! Two separate points.

the ref did'nt cost us the game we did that all on our own, its very strange how people see the game differently.
I always thought the ref was there to see that the rules of the game were adhered to, not to run it how he thinks it should be run, otherwise why have rules.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
"I very rarely complain":lolol:

its called having an opinion, as I said I rarely complain about the officials and you will have to go a long way back to find me complaining about any Albion player.
at least I have an opinion rather that than sniping from the back

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I thought that he was poor but equally for both sides. What really amused me was that the 4th Official put the 5 min board up while the game was stopped for an injury how did he know how much longer play would be stopped would it be another 1 minute or 10 minutes?

Because the announcement for the minimum length of added time needs to be done on 90 minutes. The key word there is MINIMUM.

Referee can (and did) add further time on to this

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

That is what is meant to happen.

It's a minimum amount of time added and has to be shown when the 90 mins have been played even if the game is stopped at that point for an injury. The amount of time shown will then be applied by the ref from when the game is restarted.

If a player goes down injured In the 89th minute the ref can only add 1 minute of stoppage time for that injury no matter how long the game is stopped for as stoppage time only applies to things that happen in the 90 mins. Once that time has expired the board is shown and the ref will then apply extra time should there be further stoppages or if the game is stopped for an injury at the 90 min mark.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
so which game were you watching Dunk played the whole game,

I know he did, I was there not at home watching it.
He was unavailable for being selected as the scapegoat as he had a fairly decent game, so those p!ssed off that we lost look for another reason, like the ref or the pitch.

It's the blame game, which you are rather good at...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I know he did, I was there not at home watching it.
He was unavailable for being selected as the scapegoat as he had a fairly decent game, so those p!ssed off that we lost look for another reason, like the ref or the pitch.

It's the blame game, which you are rather good at...

like you are at swerving, you have missed your vocation you should stand for parliament.
if you had ever read my posts I at no time blamed the ref .................just said he was useless ......and was not alone

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Awful ref, challenges from behind unpunished, waving play on and then not pulling a lay back when still in same phase.

Time wasting unpunished.....

Edit - not the reason we lost though
Wasn't really much time wasting and getting a ref that lets the game flow was great to see....Very rare indeed.
Thought he was a quality ref:clap2:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That is what is meant to happen.

It's a minimum amount of time added

It's baffling how so few people get that concept - the amount of times you hear people jeering for the whistle or shouting that they've played X amount of time allowed...but forgetting that its a minimum and not a maximum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here