Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

two(2) points

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He should have booked them early on for time wasting like the Charlton ref did last month but he had no impact on the result.

Last edited:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I thought the ref was fine. What let us down as usual was our lack of ability to do anything in the final third.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I very rarely complain about the officials but this guy was abysmal, he missed so many fouls and the blatent time wasting by Wolves was totally ignored+ he watched as Wolve tried desperately to get Kayal sent off.
I am not bothered if the ref is bad for both teams but this guy certainly was no homer

Utter garb. Ref was very good

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
was expecting it to read:

...our likely points haul for the second half of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If there are any complaints about the ref they should be coming from Wolves. Kayal was a walking yellow but somehow got away with it (noticed he had a few cosy chats with the ref), Bruno could have been off and he took note of the time wasting and added more. One of the better ones we've had this season for me.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Spot on, Wolves would have more reasons to feel fed up with his performance. How Kayal was not cautioned in the second half is beyond me....

Just need to accept that this defeat ( and one or two others ) are our own fault !!

You really should post more----I feel so much better reading that ----- be careful taking your orange underpants off tonight:moo:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Wow I thought he was the worst ref this season but reading this thread maybe I was looking through stripe tinted glasses. If so, ref, I apologize for calling you a w*nker several times this afternoon.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If there are any complaints about the ref they should be coming from Wolves. Kayal was a walking yellow but somehow got away with it (noticed he had a few cosy chats with the ref), Bruno could have been off and he took note of the time wasting and added more. One of the better ones we've had this season for me.

Indeed, I hardly noticed the referee today - thought he was far better than the one against Ipswich. True, he could have penalised the Wolves keeper for time wasting, but have you ever seen the six second rule enforced? I haven't.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought today's ref, like tuesday's, seemed to let too much grabbing and pulling back go, for my liking. I thought their player who kicked Calderon when the ball wasn't near him should have been booked. But today, that was pretty much my only complaint. When their keeper tried to go down again late on, he wasn't having any of it, when they wasted time he just added it on, and there was another incident where Bruno clearly fouled their player, and he did nothing. I don't think we can really complain too much about the ref today.

Time wasting is a hard one for refs to get right in the eyes of many fans. If he starts booking players, he gets yelled at because he is holding play up while he waves the card and makes his notes. If he doesn't book them, people ignore the time he adds on and demand he take action. And to be fair to the keeper, he took the goal kick from the same side every time. I've seen keepers change sides late on depending on how they can waste time. The only time wasting the keeper did in earnest was the feigning of injury twice, other than that he didn't do too much more than you generally get in the course of the match.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Awful ref, challenges from behind unpunished, waving play on and then not pulling a lay back when still in same phase.

Time wasting unpunished.....

Edit - not the reason we lost though

He let the game flow and not needlessly blowing up for everything, the way the game should be played. It's a CONTACT sport.
As for time wasting, he added a fair few minutes on the end, over the five.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He let the game flow and not needlessly blowing up for everything, the way the game should be played. It's a CONTACT sport.
As for time wasting, he added a fair few minutes on the en, over the five.

It was in the 70's and 80's, but those days are gone.

He didn't seem to grasp the fact that you can pull play back now.

As for the goalie having the ball in his hands for 19 secs........ Ridiculous.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It was in the 70's and 80's, but those days are gone.

He didn't seem to grasp the fact that you can pull play back now.

As for the goalie having the ball in his hands for 19 secs........ Ridiculous.

Load of cr@p, I wanna watch a game that flows and some tackles are let go as opposed to just breathing on an opponent , and him rolling about like he's been shot. Ref had a good game today, it's just sour grapes from some of our supporters who like a scapegoat.
As Dunk or JFC weren't available for selection today, it was the ref or the pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Load of cr@p, I wanna watch a game that flows and some tackles are let go as opposed to just breathing on an opponent , and him rolling about like he's been shot. Ref had a good game today, it's just sour grapes from some of our supporters who like a scapegoat.
As Dunk or JFC weren't available for selection today, it was the ref or the pitch.

Crock of shite.

I just want consistency. See Derby away.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought he did quite well by us today -
* Could have booked Kayal, but didn't.
* Could have given Bruno a second yellow (and that would be a disaster) but didn't.
* Added extra time over and above the 5 minutes stipulated by the 4th. official to counter the time wasting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here