Brezovan
Lita
Maksimenko
Ankergren
Mackail-Smith
Obika
Chicksen
Barker

Including Conway's minutes with Blackburn?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm free tomorrow if the club needs someone to drive him there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And how many of them would fetch the same price tag as Buckley? And some of them on the list were not due to injury so should not really be included

I included everyone who had any league match time for us, just to present all the data rather than to cherry pick what I wanted. There are some who only played less because they were sold/only with us for a short period.

If you're going to factor in fitness to play while managerial choice dictates a player doesn't; how many times did Buckley actually come off injured? There were only five appearances from him that were immediately followed by him not being included in the squad. There were ten games in which the manager chose to start him on the bench. There were only three games that he started and was taken off before the second half kicked off (usually an indication of injury). How many of the games he was taken off in/started on the bench was he actually fit enough to that he could have played the whole game if the manager had chosen to use him that way?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
On his game he is Unplayable at championship level. Injuries have clearly messed him up but £3 million is no where near enough. new training ground and who knows maybe the problems go away ...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We only have 14 players so need to recruit before letting any go.

Plenty of time for sales later in the window. Buys only for now please.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Top quality on his day. If you watch enough football you'll know that wingers have on & off days. I doubt we'd get anyone better for 3 mil. Hope it's a false rumour & he stays.
Hero for "that goal" alone.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Top quality on his day. If you watch enough football you'll know that wingers have on & off days. I doubt we'd get anyone better for 3 mil. Hope it's a false rumour & he stays.
Hero for "that goal" alone.

What you you mean you hope it's a false rumour? It's 100% false/bollox and it really doesn't take much working out. They lost 36 million last year and they certainly in no position to be chucking 3 million about with FFP kicking in very soon.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/10782518.Blackburn_Rovers_tackling___54_5m_debt/?ref=mmsp

Pointless in posting this garbage it's not even remotely believable.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
some of them on the list were not due to injury so should not really be included

Weird how Buckley is slagged off for being injured (and played more than 10+ first team players, yet others are weirdly allowed to be injured in an attempt to prove your point. On his day, Buckley is like LuaLua, one of the few players we have in the squad who can skin a man and create a chance. He is injury prone, yes - and every player has his price, sure - but 12 months ago (with a relatively injury free season) he was one of the first names on the team sheet. How unbelievably short-sighted some people are being. The rumour is unsubstantiated but if true, the fact another club thinks 3m is a bargain says a lot. £5m or no deal IMO.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I wouldn't give up on Buckles just yet. And wouldn't take a bid from a rival. He's one of the few who stands out on occasion. A sorry season of injury of course, and barely had the chance to shine, but it was a sparkle-free season and i don't think it's in our best interests to keep offloading our talent. I certainly wouldn't swap him for Conway, who was 80% tripe and exactly the sort of feeble player the Buckley doubters will quickly turn on, in spite of being fit to play 90 minutes.

Correct.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
V.doubtful.
I'm sure Hyypia will want to have a look at every player before sanctioning any player sales.

I doubt he'll have much of a say if the club like the bids, same applies to Ulloa I imagine.

Hope this rumour is bollocks. Conway, Rhodes, Buckley is a forward line that when in form would score a hatful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't get this desire to off load our best player for peanuts.

He's our match winner.
He can change games.
He's a goal scorer.
If he were to be fit, he'd be worth £10+m.

It's as if we want to give one of our rivals a load of points, with a massive pay day at the end.
We'd all be surprised if Will played 30 full games.
But if he did, he'd score 20 goals, set up another 20, gain promotion, and be sold for £15m, and nobody would be surprised.

I doubt the medical staff are calling him a dud, why write him off for a comparative pittance, when the gamble in keeping him could be so lucrative.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
If Sami likes to play fast counter attacking football with quick wingers, as mentioned in some reports, can't see him allowing the sale of potentially one of our best players for this system just yet. Buckley could fit in a lot better to the way Sami's team plays ...... Could see the best of him next season, I'd not let him go anywhere just yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here