Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Twitter Rumour

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Buckley is a quality player and we don't have a lot of those do we? And yet so many on here are keen to offload him. We lose Buckley, who do we replace him with of the same quality for the £3m? It's a simple question for those who want to sell him. I'm struggling to come up with anyone, who we could actually get, not some ridiculous wish for a PL player to have his value and his wage demands halved just because the Albion come calling...

The lad from Orient, Odubajo maybe, but it's a flyer at best. For all his injury problems Buckley is class at this level, better than Lua Lua, better than March at least for now, sell by all means but if we are serious about promotion we need to improve the squad not weaken it...

Dale Jennings or Matt Ritchie would be of equal quality IMO and would probably be able to play more than 20 games a season. Buckley is a good player but he is far to inconsistent and injury prone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dale Jennings or Matt Ritchie would be of equal quality IMO and would probably be able to play more than 20 games a season. Buckley is a good player but he is far to inconsistent and injury prone.
Good luck buying either of them for 'only' £3m.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I prefer to listen to the medical opinion that has said that the new training ground will help with injuries (not just Buckley). Three years and 19 goals for a winger, I would that deserves a bit of time to see if it is was the ground at the Uni or whether it is something that he will never get over.

I agree with you and also remember hearing that one of his problems was 'growing' where the bones grew too quickly and the muscles didn't grow at the same rate. He is 3 years older now so with the new training ground, this could be his season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mart Ritchie perhaps but would Barnsley turn down 3mil for Jennings? Debatable.
I'd imagine Barnsley would be gutted if they only received 1 bid for £3m.

Plenty of teams would take him, and they wouldn't be bidding up to £3m.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'd imagine Barnsley would be gutted if they only received 1 bid for £3m.

Plenty of teams would take him, and they wouldn't be bidding up to £3m.

Considering they only paid 250,000 for him and they are now in L1 they'd probably bite your hand off for anything near 3mil

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here