Escaped from Corruption
For £12 you could buy 2 of these:

image.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder what the loss to date in takings has been for this bar. Be interesting
If only those that have always packed it to the rafters, spent what the club considered to be an acceptable sum of money for the privilege, we wouldn't be in this situation now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Never been in there, looks like I never will

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sorry but you're missing the point here. The club will let YOU! - The Great Unwashed! - in without a LANYARD. You may even adopt, if you so choose, the garb of a traditional football supporter of yesteryear. Twelve pounds? PRICELESS more like! :thumbsup:

Oh i see , sorry i feel like a right moaning git now , sorry P.B great idea :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on serious note, suggest the take up for the season membership fee didnt have a great uptake as expected. what a waste, shame they cant admit their mistake and revert to what it was. closing it would be a better economic decision?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
They really dropped the ball on this one, and we could have told them that months ago.

Although I'm a bit surprised they haven't gone back on it yet. 3 people turning up a game isn't what I'd call ''breaking even'.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
on serious note, suggest the take up for the season membership fee didnt have a great uptake as expected. what a waste, shame they cant admit their mistake and revert to what it was. closing it would be a better economic decision?

I suspect closing it will be the next option.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Pre-match Q&As with ex-Albion players and members' quizzes, with matchday spot prizes
The funny thing is that these things are what we used to get in 1901 and don't any more. Don't remember the last time we had an ex player in our lounge for more than reading the teamsheets that are on the TVs anyway. And quizzes and spot prizes even further back. Couldn't care less although the quiz was fun.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Match-by-match places in Seven Stars are available to book now for £12 per match.

The pass will include:

Lounge access available from 12pm until 7.30pm on Saturday matches (before and after the match), and from 5pm until 11pm for midweek fixtures
Big screens showing Premier League and EFL fixtures during opening hours, plus selected other sporting events
Pre-match Q&As with ex-Albion players and members' quizzes, with matchday spot prizes
Free pool and football table, with matchday competitions for members
Pay bar serving a wide range of alcoholic and soft drinks, hot drinks, and a kiosk-style bar menu
Complimentary matchday programme
Relaxed dress code, allowing trainers and replica shirts to be worn

Is this a BARGAIN ?

Bonkers. Apart from the cost, who wants to spend a match day watching Premier league, arsing about on a football table or doing a quiz?

Now, I am glad we have the Amex and we needed it and the revenue/prestige it brings but the above nonsense is why I genuinely preferred match days at Withdean. Stroll there, get a ropey but consistent chicken pie and a cuppa, mooch around a bit and chat, match then off to The Albert or Battle for a proper post match pub experience with true fans. All the rest of itis ruining the matchday experience imho.

They could be using the old marketing trick known as Medium Popcorn. The most famous example being cinema popcorn. People will buy the small, they will buy the large as it's only a bit more than the Medium. Very few people ever buy the medium and they're not supposed to. Medium only exists to make large more attractive.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just make it Dick's Bar 2.

Allow kids in, but none if the 'only with kids' shennanigans which kept the bar takings down to slowly sipped lemonades.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So effectively £8.50 bearing in mind the cost of the programme (assuming you normally buy one) but not for us. Went there three or four times last year but now priced out. Will happily use the WSU concourse (until they start charging for that!!!!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here