Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV Comedy

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Some good old stuff around. Just working my way through a 10 disc box set of The Beverley Hillbillies. Great fun.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe more people haven't mentioned King Gary. Episode 2 with his Under 9s football team is one of the best half hours of comedy I've seen in ages.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Slowly losing the will to live as in an effort to be sociable I have have sat through Gogglebox (for pity's sake WHY) and now Ant and Dec. I will welcome reccomendations for something that will make me LOL and that is easily got at via the usual streaming sites.

Whilst I acknowledge that shows like This Country and Detectorists are well made they don't actually raise a chortle that the likes of Father Ted or even viewing old Harry Enfield shows do.

Over to you.

Netflix, 'I am not okay with this'. Very well made but also funny.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
John Bishop is bloody hilarious, try his stand up DVD. See also McIntyre, Michael.

:lolol:

John Bishop is bloody hilarious, try his stand up DVD. See also McIntyre, Michael.

:lolol:

I will give them a view after I have recovered from the rib strain caused by rolling on the floor laughing at Mrs. Brown's Boys :).

Watched the first episode of "Murder In Successville" yesterday, not sure about it but will watch some more to decide.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Currently working through Rick and Morty. Wubba lubba dub dub

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Currently working through Rick and Morty. Wubba lubba dub dub

Screen_Shot_2017_06_30_at_3.17.00_PM.0.png

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If you havent seen them Taskmaster on Dave. I love the series and the format, usually entertaining and at times laugh out loud funny. However not sure this fits criteria.

Marine Boy

Jan 27, 2009
shoreham
Always sunny in Philadelphia has many laugh out loud moments and there are loads of episodes available and you don’t particularly need to view it in order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can't believe more people haven't mentioned King Gary. Episode 2 with his Under 9s football team is one of the best half hours of comedy I've seen in ages.

I watched the pilot of King Gary ( I think it was made in 2018 ) and thought it was really funny, I sat down to watch episode 1 and didn't laugh once. I gave it another chance by watching episode 2, thought I might enjoy this as I have got sons that have gone through kids/youth football. I still didn't laugh and I usually laugh at really silly stuff.
Didn't watch any of the other episodes so not sure if the series got better.
To be honest the Gary character just got on my nerves.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
An old one off although seasonal repeated favourite in Germany with an underrated British comedian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77aXbkeZ-I

This would be Freddie Frinton. He was an old time trouper who knocked around for years and did end-of-the-pier type shows. I think I remember seeing him in a summer season show in Worthing in the late 60s. Very much a different era. How he came - and continues - to be a cult-figure in Europe is one of the great mysteries of the planet.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I would like to recommend a program called My Left Nut. Just watched all 3 episodes on BBC iplayer. Based on the award-winning stage play, My Left Nut is a coming of age comedy drama about friendship, family, grief and testicles written by Irish newcomers Michael Patrick and Oisín Kearney in their first project for the BBC.
The story is based on real life events after Michael found a swelling on his testicle when he was fifteen.

I found it funny. Its a bit like The Inbetweeners but with more true life grit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here