Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV Comedy

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I got given the DVD of 'The Trip to Spain' and watched the whole thing yesterday, love when Brydon and Coogan just drop into doing impressions (especially the David Bowie bit). The new series in Greece is on demand on Virgin (and also Sky I believe) if you have Sky One in your package so could try that (the first two series are on Netflix)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Totally agree re Gogglebox - why anybody in their right mind wants to watch other people watching telly? Who does this appeal to? The amoeba generation?

From the very few bits i've seen, they'e not naturally watching TV at all, they're trying to be zany, interesting, so they can move their TV 'career' on. If it was real people watching, they'd be falling asleep or scratching themselves. It's crap IMO.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Just finished second series of Extras. Quite brilliant at times.

Ricky Gervais can do no wrong with The Office/Extras/Life's Too Short. If you go onto iplayer at the moment for Series one, each episode has a bit of talking with the episode guest, about their time on the show, which is also pretty interesting.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I like to watch a half hour comedy on my phone each day with my lunch, so I trawl YouTube/Daily Motion for old comedy series. The ones I've been watching are:

The Peter Principle (Jim Broadbent is excellent as a bank manager in a pretty formulaic but funny studio sitcom).
Dear John - about the social club for divorcees
Laurel & Hardy
Ever Decreasing Circles - Richard Briers in his best comedy

Lots of old stuff out there that's worth a re-visit.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I like to watch a half hour comedy on my phone each day with my lunch, so I trawl YouTube/Daily Motion for old comedy series. The ones I've been watching are:

The Peter Principle (Jim Broadbent is excellent as a bank manager in a pretty formulaic but funny studio sitcom).
Laurel & Hardy

One under the radar older series I really like is The Smoking Room. Bit like the Royle Family in that nothing major happens and all in one location.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Space worm :D

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
"Don't you know who I am?

I'm Gay Boy Roy".

As have said frequently on the Podcast thread while driving to work 'Tramp on the Tube', literally (used correctly) made me stop the car and be sick in the road.

You've gotta be bloody good to get that kind of reaction.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I keep on seeing posters for a new series of Friday Night Dinner, which is definitely LOL stuff as far as I'm concerned..... especially the strange neighbour, played brilliantly by Mark Heap.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Laurel & Hardy

I loved Ever Decreasing Circles.

If you can find it I’d recommend Feet First with Lee Montague as a football manager.

And don’t forget Duty Free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You've just reminded me of "Green Wing". One of my favourites and available on 4OD.

In turn, you've just reminded me of Green Wing!!!👍

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I loved Ever Decreasing Circles.

If you can find it I’d recommend Feet First with Lee Montague as a football manager.

And don’t forget Duty Free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched Duty Free a while ago on my quest for old shows from my past. Still quite amusing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here