Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV adverts: Who really annoys you?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Andrew Castle in those daytime ads for I don't know what because i can't remember because all i'm thinking about is how much I hate his smug face, voice, demeanour and all round persona and how much I wish I could be allowed to just shoot him, a one-off hit in the face so he can see it coming. *Breath*

Me too, not just for his utterly nauseating smug face, but because he's advertising those bastard, ambulance-chasing parasite shysters at Injury Lawyers 4 U or some such shitty organisation

Done something stupid resulting in you sustaining a slight graze and a bit of a stiff neck? Come to us and we'll screw the system by finding someone else to blame, thus putting every organisation in the country's public liability insurance up a hundred-fold. Castle must be bloody DESPERATE for money to be pushing their services.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
That current supermarket ad (asda?) that says "behind ever christmas is mum" every? Every? Feck off you sexist twats! I'd except most, but every is a complete lie.

I am sure I am not the only person who's personal experience doesn't match this scenario so it really annoys me.

I'm with you on this one.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Though I must admit, Castle is battling it out manfully in the sheer punchability stakes with that prize ARSEHAT Vernon Kaye, and his humiliatingly bad Flora ads.

It takes a real admission that your career is on the slide to appear in an advert as cringeworthy as that. Especially if that really is his mother, as opposed to an actress.

On a slightly different note, I would also concur that fragrance adverts tend to contain the most pretentious bullshit on screen, anywhere. My current bugbear is Brad Pitt, promoting Chanel No 5 with the tagline "Inevitable". What the absolute..? It's a bottle of PERFUME, FFS. It cannot, physically, by any means possible, be "inevitable" :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here