Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turned down at the gate

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Surely every young person carries ID to prove that they are entitled to pay child fares on buses? And they keep it in the same wallet as the card that lets them drink in pubs?

I always get a warm feeling when I get asked to show my senior railcard on trains, to prove I'm entitled to the discount.

The cut off point for kids on buses and trains is 16. None of us are 15, so we don't have ID saying we're under 16. Being 19, it's probably starting to get to the point I will have to buy adult tickets!

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I have this problem, I'm 17 and hate it when clubs don't offer student or u18 rates. The gap from u16 to adult prices is usually monumental as well. As one poster said though, if you don't act suspicious and be confident you can get away with the cheaper one. Dreading turning 18, will not be able to afford ST + as many away games with my measly wages and running a car

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'm nearly 18 and I've always bought the under 16 ticket if there was no other option than adult and always gotten away with it. However on trains they're much more strict and unless you can't show relevant ID then they'll fine you. Safer to get the adult fare on the train and get a young persons railcard.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Do I remember correct at the Goldstone it was over 15. Bloody copper hooked me out of the Que 1 week after my 16th birthday.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
When I was 15 we bunked the train & in the ground if we could!!

£15 a week, you should ask for a pay rise.

Blagg it on the gate I'm sure you will get away with it, as long as you look young enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here