Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] TUPE question..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I work for two organisations. One of which has recently taken over the tender from my now former employer.

I was TUPE’d over.

Their process has been a shambles, asking me for my bank details repeatedly, despite me having provided these many times. Plus other similar, disconcerting mess ups.

I have repeatedly asked them for a contract. A query they finally got back to me on this morning with the reply that my contract is the same as my old company (this is true, TUPE law requires it to be so) and they don’t need to issue an new one.

This doesn’t seem correct to me. Yes, my contract conditions remain the same but surely they need to amend dates, Company names etc to reflect the fact I now work for a different employer?

I might be wrong but I’m not comfortable to just “use my old contract”.

Sorry for such a boring question but I can’t find any useful answers on Google.

TUPE is the law used to Transfer Undertaking and Protection of Employment.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Fairly certain they need to issue you with an up to date Principal Statement of Employment which is very basic outline of your job description hours holiday entitlement pension and grievance/disciplinary procedures.

I

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whenever we TUPE'd staff over, we always issued new contracts in our name referring to the TUPE of the previous contract. Don't know whether it was legally required, but we just did it as standard practice.

So, no help whatsoever. Sorry :wink:

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I work for two organisations. One of which has recently taken over the tender from my now former employer.

I was TUPE’d over.

Their process has been a shambles, asking me for my bank details repeatedly, despite me having provided these many times. Plus other similar, disconcerting mess ups.

I have repeatedly asked them for a contract. A query they finally got back to me on this morning with the reply that my contract is the same as my old company (this is true, TUPE law requires it to be so) and they don’t need to issue an new one.

This doesn’t seem correct to me. Yes, my contract conditions remain the same but surely they need to amend dates, Company names etc to reflect the fact I now work for a different employer?

Get the assurance that your old contract is being honoured in writing. A verbal assurance isn't good enough.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't remember getting a new contract when I was TUPE'd. But that involved Crapita

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whenever we TUPE'd staff over, we always issued new contracts in our name referring to the TUPE of the previous contract. Don't know whether it was legally required, but we just did it as standard practice.

So, no help whatsoever. Sorry :wink:
I think it’s good practice. This new company don’t seem too keen on such things.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I was TUPE’d over.

There's no requirement to give you a new contract under TUPE.

"On the date of the transfer, your new employer automatically takes over your employment contract. This means your employment contract continues – you do not get a new one.

Your new employer must inform you in writing that there’s been a change of employer." My emboldening.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In employment law, I think you're 100% covered by that original contract, implied terms and any agreed variations since. Keep hold of that contract.

ACAS is always the best website for such matters, that's after nsc of course :lolol:.

Aside from that, keep on the ball with any attempts to worsen your terms over time. Hopefully they're not like that.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fairly certain they need to issue you with an up to date Principal Statement of Employment which is very basic outline of your job description hours holiday entitlement pension and grievance/disciplinary procedures.

tI
This is correct :thumbsup:
When i was TUped over from Serco to Babcock, I was issued with an add on from Babcock, to compliment my original contract, outlining my new TOR's.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
When I was TUPE over I received a welcome pack and an amendment to my previous contract letter stating that my terms and conditions were to remain as of the moment I transferred over

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Appreciate the help. Thank you.

I am not impressed by this new company. Their communication is appalling. They use far too many portals and platforms.
I have had to put 3 new apps on my phone, all pretty useless and don’t seem to update the head office. One to see my payslips, one to look at my rotas, one to book on and off shift.

Then an additional website to book holiday, IT help and other admin. Which raises a digital ticket and I think I’ve spoken to a chatbot on there too. There is no facility to review or manage shifts, pay, holidays etc

The previous company had one app (Parim) that covered all of the above and was all in one place.
And an easy to reach HR department.

I would never have chosen to work for them. Shame. I’ve worked in that role for five years, two weeks into a new company taking over and I am actively looking for alternative employment.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don’t recall getting a new contract when TUPE’d from AmEx to Xerox. Absolutely certain though that all my previous AmEx benefits remained in place, including length of service, which came in bloody handy 5 years later when Xerox made me redundant.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t recall getting a new contract when TUPE’d from AmEx to Xerox. Absolutely certain though that all my previous AmEx benefits remained in place, including length of service, which came in bloody handy 5 years later when Xerox made me redundant.
All my terms of employment remain, which is a good job because they seem to pay minimum wage where they can get away with it.

I just didn’t know if they were correct when they said I can just use my old contract. I thought they’d at least issue an updated one with new company name etc.

However, I do have it in writing that my old contract is honoured and will continue to be so.

I guess that’s all I need.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Also check your holiday entitlements, which should be the same, but how much you are still due. Everything, and that is everything, should remain the same. As a business owner my payroll software has a TUPE button which done all this for me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Also check your holiday entitlements, which should be the same, but how much you are still due. Everything, and that is everything, should remain the same. As a business owner my payroll software has a TUPE button which done all this for me.
Payroll is the last hurdle. My first payment from them is due in on the 15th.

I lit a fire under their arses today when they asked me, for the third time, for my bank details. Which I have given each time they’ve asked me.

We shall see on the 15th if they listened or not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here