Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And maybe he's seen how those types of clubs pile on the pressure to perform and just spit managers out so easily and readily when things get a bit tough.

He's just seen what happened to Tuchel, he's not thick and would know full well that could be him in 12 months time verses walking away from what he's building in Brighton before he's seen where it could go.

Hear what you are saying and you make the case but if Chelsea offered him £10m a year, so what if he only lasts 12-18 months? He and his family are financially secure even if he never works again. It will be the £££ that govern his decision. It's always that way. Show me the money.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ken Sema and Saman Ghoddos both have played in the PL after Potter coached them in Östersund and from his Swansea side plenty of players made it to the PL as well.

I think he deliberately wants it that way to avoid any feelings of favoritism etc.
Swanny this all moved really really quickly and lots of journos seem to be implying potter has been tapped up. Are you prepared to put your neck on the line and say he definitely won't go?

You know him best.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hear what you are saying and you make the case but if Chelsea offered him £10m a year, so what if he only lasts 12-18 months? He and his family are financially secure even if he never works again. It will be the £££ that govern his decision. It's always that way. Show me the money.
Tbh surely we could afford to pay him 10m a year. Surely the players wouldnt begrudge that ?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Yeah it's a point that isn't talked about enough, we see players move to their former managers new team all the time (Ten Haag for example). Trossard for example would love champions league football & Potter moving to Chelsea would be a no brainer for Trossard, Macallister etc

Except our players won't be able to go anywhere before January, and Potter will be sacked by then. :lolol:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
If he gets offered the job he will go. Will be more money, better players to work with, champions league football, still close to Brighton so doesn't have to move.

However, with Pochettino and Zidane also in the frame, is this the time for Chelsea to start a new project with a manager that will have a lot to learn at the top level. Fair play if they go for Potter but they need to give him time. Pouch and ZZ have more experience at the higher level and dealing with bigger players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I now think he's gone.

Seems to have all been lined up in the background already. Too many journos know about it.

Tbf we talked to potter while he was still at Swansea so can't be hypocrites.

Whats the hypocrisy here. Chelsea, it appears , will be asking permission to speak to Potter and it will be granted.
I'm certain they wouldn't have spoken to him before...why would they.
Thats what Albion did with Swansea. Its just the standard way its done.
. It also appears they have interest in other managers as well so your 100% certainty is fine if you're of the half empty persuasion but no guarantees of anything. Yet.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
It’s not a good day but when the sun goes down none of us supporters will have any say in if he goes or not.
The only 2 people who will have any say is TB and GP.

I would hope GP stays and carries on the job here.

I know he would fill the bank balance at Chelsea but they sack managers without a care.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Swanny this all moved really really quickly and lots of journos seem to be implying potter has been tapped up. Are you prepared to put your neck on the line and say he definitely won't go?

You know him best.

He won't go. "Definitely"... big word.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What hurts, he could be gone by tomorrow, we won't get a chance to say goodbye or thank you.

I hate Chelsea, but them's the risks when you have a good manager, would rather have a good one poached, than a bad one take us down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whats the hypocrisy here. Chelsea, it appears , will be asking permission to speak to Potter and it will be granted.
. It also appears they have interest in other managers as well so your 100% certainty is fine if you're of the half empty persuasion but no guarantees of anything. Yet.

If Potter wants to talk to them that is the only reason TB would give the green light. If he wants to talk to them then he's interested. He's more than halfway to accepting the job then..imo

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The standard way it's done is.....

Interested club ask manager (indirectly via 3rd party) who's in a job if they would be interested in X job.

Manager in job (via 3rd party) says yes or no.

Then you have the official approach.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Albion fans booing a 0-0 against Leeds pissed GP off he'd better gird his loins for much worse if he goes to Chelsea and things don't happen immediately :smile:

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Can’t see GP going to Chelsea. He needs a couple of seasons to get what he wants players to do into their heads, and the Chelsea dressing room is full of football superstars.

Chelsea fans don’t have a great deal of patience, and their players believe they were bought for what they already do, rather than to have to adapt to what a relatively untried (in terms of global success) coach asks them to do. It would be a toss-up between whether the fans or the dressing room would run out of patience first.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If he joins Chelsea, he will get sacked at some point and will damage his credibility, he can probably kiss goodbye to the England job.

Southgate and Allardyce both flopped in league managerial positions, but were offered the England job.

The England job is a poisoned chalice that doesn't attract the big names anymore, despite being extremely well paid.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It was all going so well, wasn’t it. I will be so disappointed if he goes but at the same time I couldn’t blame him for wanting to step up to Champions League etc. The Chelsea fans are all for it understandably.
Danny Mills compared it to Moyes going to United but he hasn’t had a bad career, has he?
I remember Mike Walker doing really well at Norwich back in the day. Everton poached him and after about a year he was back at Norwich and then never heard of again.
Who knows, I don’t. Just hope Graham sees it for what it is, an utter shambles missing all the infrastructure that he admires at Brighton. Bugger.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Can’t see GP going to Chelsea. He needs a couple of seasons to get what he wants players to do into their heads, and the Chelsea dressing room is full of football superstars.

Chelsea fans don’t have a great deal of patience, and their players believe they were bought for what they already do, rather than to have to adapt to what a relatively untried (in terms of global success) coach asks them to do. It would be a toss-up between whether the fans or the dressing room would run out of patience first.

This.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here