Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So in order to get Trumpster to follow the rule of law all America had to do was cut off his social media.

Nobody could have seen that coming.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bizarrely, it appears that we have another Tanya Roberts situation. The officer is in fact still alive and on a life support machine.

Lets hope it doesn't go on to fully mimic the Tanya Roberts scenario...

At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty.

Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters. He returned to his division office and collapsed. He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. The death of Officer Sicknick will be investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch, the USCP, and our federal partners.

Officer Sicknick joined the USCP in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit.

The entire USCP Department expresses its deepest sympathies to Officer Sicknick’s family and friends on their loss, and mourns the loss of a friend and colleague.

We ask that Officer Sicknick’s family, and other USCP officers’ and their families’ privacy be respected during this time.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if the genie can be put back in the bottle. I don’t think it can. Too many people have dismissed this ‘movement’ as just a few nutters, or are just unaware of them. Some on here say Trump doesn’t appeal to conservatives, but he does. It’s just a new kind of conservative. A weird brand that has very little connection with reality and happy to get into bed with anyone to further their cause. The Republican party seem to have embraced this fully, until yesterday maybe, but it’s probably too late. It’s a weird alliance of out right neo-nazis/racists, nationalists, conspiracy theorists, nutty Christians who will accept anything if they get a ban on abortion, the usual gun nuts, internet shit posters/incels and the very ****ing dumb. If anyone STILL claims to be a ‘normal, hardworking’ Trump voter after the shit show of the last month, sorry, your beyond help.

And there are people over here who are sympathetic to a Trumpian world view. Pay attention online and you see it everywhere. Lots of Brexit supporters embrace it, that March for Brexit amongst other things showed how they overlap. It’s no coincidence that the main whataboutists, apologists and outright fans of Trump right here on NSC are also very vocal brexiters. Regular voters look the other way but truth is they needed them to get it over the line.

Don't have overly high hopes that having Biden in charge will bring about some return to a nodding relationship with the truth, but here’s hoping.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
oh, and this :lolol:

[tweet]1347386612041142274[/tweet]

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He's cut a deal to avoid jail ?

My first thought when I watched that speech, my second thought was who wrote it and my third was how did they keep him from going off track and here I assume they had electrodes on his testicles, which left one final thought who was it who had their finger on the button.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Also wondered about that cutting a deal to avoid jail, or at least a lawyer scripted speech to use as evidence in a future legal defence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And there are people over here who are sympathetic to a Trumpian world view. Pay attention online and you see it everywhere. Lots of Brexit supporters embrace it, that March for Brexit amongst other things showed how they overlap. It’s no coincidence that the main whataboutists, apologists and outright fans of Trump right here on NSC are also very vocal brexiters. Regular voters look the other way but truth is they needed them to get it over the line.
What twaddle. Support for Trump on NSC? Oh yeh - masses of it ............ :facepalm:

There are a few extreme Brexit haters whose prejudices lead them to fantasise that somehow in their bigotted view Brexiteers are Trump supporters too - it probably reinforces and justifies in their own minds their entitled and arrogant contempt for people who don't agree with them. There is no comparison between the march for Brexit and Wednesday's disgusting events - one was a peaceful legitimate political rally; unlike Wednesday's it was not trying to overturn a democratic outcome it didn't like by use of force.

The only comparison between the Brexit process and Wednesday's Trump rally was baying mobs outside Parliament, marching up and down waving EU flags and trying to overturn a democratic outcome they didn't like by shouting at it. Anti-democratic protests in both cases. Fortunately the remainers' baying mob seeking to overturn democracy was less violent and aggressive than the loons in America, and didn't get people killed, although with Sir Bob Geldof in their midst they may well have been more potty-mouthed!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My first thought when I watched that speech, my second thought was who wrote it and my third was how did they keep him from going off track and here I assume they had electrodes on his testicles, which left one final thought who was it who had their finger on the button.

Very much this. No way did he write that. I think it’s a case of ‘say this or it’s impeachment time’.

He has effectively chucked his loyal admirers, who he encouraged to march on Capital Hill, under a bus. Lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
sorry, but lol

[tweet]1347179139535667204[/tweet]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wonder if the genie can be put back in the bottle. I don’t think it can. Too many people have dismissed this ‘movement’ as just a few nutters, or are just unaware of them. Some on here say Trump doesn’t appeal to conservatives, but he does. It’s just a new kind of conservative. A weird brand that has very little connection with reality and happy to get into bed with anyone to further their cause. The Republican party seem to have embraced this fully, until yesterday maybe, but it’s probably too late. It’s a weird alliance of out right neo-nazis/racists, nationalists, conspiracy theorists, nutty Christians who will accept anything if they get a ban on abortion, the usual gun nuts, internet shit posters/incels and the very ****ing dumb. If anyone STILL claims to be a ‘normal, hardworking’ Trump voter after the shit show of the last month, sorry, your beyond help.

Don't have overly high hopes that having Biden in charge will bring about some return to a nodding relationship with the truth, but here’s hoping.

If in doubt make up some false facts. You are more like Trump than you realise

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
[tweet]1347335902339747842[/tweet]

Absolutely no way he wrote that speech...Its the most coherent, sensible, and passive speech hes given since his initial election campaigns.
Trying to come across as holier than thou, and acting as if nothing dishonest (or illegal) has happened at all in the last few weeks, isn't going to wash with people. This is purely a case of looking out for himself legally as others have mentioned...

What an absolute tool - cant wait to see the back of him...preferably snivelling behind bars in an orange jumpsuit.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
:lolol: Go on then, what false facts have I made up?

When you try to tar supporters of Brexit with the same brush as Trump supporters in the US. You have a whole thread here of pretty much uniform anti Trump sentiment and yet you try to sew division by seeking to ridicule those with whom you disagree about another issue. Muddying the waters, a typical Trump like approach to debate. As pointed out elsewhere the irony of your attitude is that it is your side that refused to accept a democratic outcome and created division in this country.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely no way he wrote that speech...Its the most coherent, sensible, and passive speech hes given since his initial election campaigns.
Trying to come across as holier than thou, and acting as if nothing dishonest (or illegal) has happened at all in the last few weeks, isn't going to wash with people. This is purely a case of looking out for himself legally as others have mentioned...

What an absolute tool - cant wait to see the back of him...preferably snivelling behind bars in an orange jumpsuit.

If he is impeached, he won’t be able to run for President in 4 years time.

This speech has probably saved him from the 25th amendment as it will pacify the Republicans gunning for him, let’s hope the Democrats are not fooled and begin the impeachment process ASAP.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he is impeached, he won’t be able to run for President in 4 years time.

I'm curious - he's already been impeached once, why will this second impeachment mean he can't run again? Is it due to what he is impeached for?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm curious - he's already been impeached once, why will this second impeachment mean he can't run again? Is it due to what he is impeached for?

Because he was acquitted last year due to the Republicans holding sway.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Isn’t that likely to happen again though despite the recent vote ? Mobilizing a majority will be tough and there isn’t much time to do it. Surely if they were going down this route they shouldn’t still be talking about it.

It is likely symbolic but only given the timescales. If you can't hold the CiC to account for his actions leading to the death of a police officer then when can you? They can't be seen to just let him run down the clock. Pelosi took a lot of persuading to go the futile route last year but pulled the trigger straight away this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here