Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Having been down the rabbit hole of alt right social media a few times since the election, I think that it is very unlikely that Trump’s base are going quietly. They remain convinced that the election was corrupt and stolen from Trump, and they believe that the MSM is lying to them about everything. And they all own guns.

Well, the guns weren't used yesterday.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Why do the media hold the USA up as the model democracy? It is a 2 tier society driven by money, greed and power and far from an equal society.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Why do the media hold the USA up as the model democracy? It is a 2 tier society driven by money, greed and power and far from an equal society.

I pointed out the same thing yesterday.

They are not a democracy.

Not when you have say the Democrats as an example looking to get the Greens struck off ballots so that they don't take votes from then.

It's the epitome of un-democratic action.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He hasn't. He's said he will now help with a peaceful transition but at the same time had to add that he still doesn't accept the result. And anyone who believes he'll do anything of substance to help the transition hasn't been paying attention.

But, with any luck, he'll spend the next 13 days playing golf and propping up his courses with federal expenses.

He also added that the facts backed him up....!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He also added that the facts backed him up....!

Well yes, he is insane, barmy, lost the plot, barking, demented, living in cloud cuckoo land (and probably believes in unicorns). What do you expect?

This is normal behaviour for people like him. Please someone invoke the 25th. amendment before the buffoon hits the nuclear button!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He can certainly try... but it could then be challenged in court for whether it is legal.

Lawyers have been on that one for ages. For one you can't be a judge of yourself, secondly, there is discussion whether legally you can "grant" yourself and thirdly you can't pardon in "cases of impeachment".

However, I'm sure he had the best people on it.

74c81fb9-21d7-47b6-ab68-3048923eec21.jpeg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well, from the BBC website:

"The New York Times reported, quoting unnamed sources, that he was considering granting a pardon to himself in the final days of his presidency. The legality of such a move is untested".

It's a nice little story I know because he has been discussing it with aides and they are as leaky as a sieve. It's only untested because there hasn't been a nutjob President willing to have a go although I think Nixon did ask....

Watch a deal being done, he resigns Pence takes over and gives Trump a pardon. It's probably now the only way out for the Republicans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here