Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The whole thing is rather bizarre. Four years in the making, stoked up by the President himself - yet many of the protestors look a bit like a bunch of excited tourists inside the Capitol. The levels of violence don't really look to be much more than Laura's 'scuffles'. The Police seemingly letting them in, no guard pre-prepared to head off something they knew was coming. Petering out and folk wandering off home.

Bizarre, the whole thing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Trump’s an evil being.

4 or 5 years spent deliberately exacerbating racial divisions, a faux Christian to get the vote of the born again Christian loons. Not one iota of decency or humanity.

Now the sore loser is attempting by every way possible to screw the planet and the US. His dented fragile ego, driving the muck throwing. The finale, I predicted this, encouraging armed scum to get violent.

Throughout, I’ve worried about the safety of journalists, Democrats, moderate Republicans and the honest state election officials. Seriously, an awful load of folk will be on loon hit lists. People may die.

Every cloud and all that, US political experts are now confident that there will end up being two Republican Parties. One with the Trumps, Palin and the disgusting Ted Cruz. Then a moderate party with Romney, the Bush’s and decent centre right politicians and registered voters. Making another Alt Right president almost impossible.

I'd like to think this or similar, however, the descent in to anarchy led by Trump has been so deep, I don't think many can ever come back up. Looking at the " Defences " in place in Washington it almost looks like tonight's actions were almost pre planned, lightly armed police and secret service agents are pretty powerless against a mob that size. As posted earlier on here and on twitter by those in the know, Washington DC has the manpower and the resources to front up and deploy whatever is needed to negate any angry mob.... Especially if you want a photo op by the church.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stop it, please stop it. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I have a good collection of plums on ignore, but this lad is comedy gold. He'd be doing less for the labour party, the greens and equality if he were to march up and down Western Road with a placard saying 'embrace the future, vote labour or green or even scottish national party; anyone but the buffoon tories'. :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All jokes aside, its a genuinely jaw-dropping picture. For some random herbert to invade one of the inner sanctums of the US Senate and loll about on the desk of the Speaker of the House of Representatives almost defies belief.

2020 - "Well that was pretty f*cked up huh ?"
2021 - "Hold my beer"

To be fair we did have naked anti Brexit protestors in Parliament three years ago.

Say what you like about MAGA but they do keep their clothes on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Hard to see how they step back from this without Trump de-escalating it and that would be going against every trait he's shown so far. But any steps to silence him will also play into his hands. What a mess.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hard to see how they step back from this without Trump de-escalating it and that would be going against every trait he's shown so far. But any steps to silence him will also play into his hands. What a mess.

To try and be positive there aren't that many of them and we've have similar protests in London over years. On all sides of politics, you get parties stoking up people until the extremists go too far. At which point the politicians keep their distance.

Only difference here (of course) is the President is one of the protestors, but he is becoming rapidly isolated within his own party.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What would have happened if Trump had won this election and Antifa had stormed the Capitol Building? The same leftie tossers would be rejoicing calling it legitimate protest and rightful revolution.

You probably have a valid point here, but the main difference is Biden would again be the first on national tv condemning the protests, asking them to stop....

Not inciting them, or claiming the election was stolen from him.

That is a big, big difference and tells you all you need to know about Trump and his supporters.

So your initial comment was slightly naive at best.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Reminds me of that time angry lesbians invaded Television Centre during the News.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair we did have naked anti Brexit protestors in Parliament three years ago.

Say what you like about MAGA but they do keep their clothes on.

True. It does at least mean our own UK beardie-weirdie nudist hipster protesters have nowhere to conceal a weapon.

Unless....

...nah. Lets not go there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here