Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Pence has tested negative, so that's a positive...

:ffsparr:

(Before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, I mean politically, I don't wish illness or injury in anyone)

Doesn't put him in the clear though. He'll need daily tests for the next couple of weeks to be certain due to the incubation period of the virus.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
its important of course, just not able to make laws and change constitution as implied. people seem to think there's a coup about to happen, overlooking the many pillars of US state that arent very keen on Trumpian style bombast. i wouldnt be at all surprised a Supreme court found against Trump in a close election, if the evidence isnt there to back him. he never actually did "drain the swamp", just stank the place out with his own smell.

I agree they don't make laws but they do determine the interpretation of those laws in relation to the constitution which I would suggest in the States is equally as important. For example, they could determine that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional and remove it from legislation. This is why the republicans are so keen to get Supreme Court dominated by Republicans. The latest nominee could be on the court for 40 odd years, far longer than any president would be in office.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Is it a ploy to get the sympathy vote next month?

Might be his last real hope, his re-election campaign bled money long before the election build up started. They trail the Democrats badly in new money coming in. He clearly can't debate well. A Hail Mary 'the poor sod almost died' sympathy vote might be the only chance of new votes he has.

However, Covid has given Americans an easier path to cast an early ballot this time around, and many are taking advantage of it, so he's losing ground every day that he can't regain. 28 states submit various details of early voting information, normally with this many days left before the election there are around 10K or so votes cast, as of this moment almost 2.8 million votes are already cast.

If you scroll down below the map in the link below you can see the breakdown of party affiliation of people requesting early ballots for the 6 states that report such details. I think 4 of those states went Republican in 2016, note the almost 2-1 edge in people with Democratic affiliation requesting early ballots. These aren't going to be completely accurate as to how the person voted, someone can vote against their affiliation, but they should give a glimpse into how things are going

https://electproject.github.io/Earl...9Gy-8Hha0Yhyw8-xTmv2Q0XQrL0vg5QcTvRG4xCoch1ys

Edit - Biden has tested negative https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/02/dem...pshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.PostToTwitter

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is as at now, but it’s looked bad for Trump for a while.

115B294A-8A23-40B4-910D-88B47CDEDD95.png

“Superhero survives Chain-ese assassination attempt“ might be a last desperate soundbite.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Lets hope his doctors are not led by his science - I guess they are not currently injecting him with bleach, and that his anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine is off

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We’ve you got that from?

Bbc news alert for me

US President Donald Trump is being taken to Walter Reed Medical Centre, in Maryland, following his diagnosis with coronavirus.

White House reporters have been told he is going there for tests.

Earlier today, his Chief of Staff Matt Meadows told reporters that the president was displaying "mild symptoms." Trump's physician also confirmed the president was "fatigued but in good spirits."

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Trump is about to be taken to hospital.

His people are saying ‘mild symptoms’ and ‘just going to hospital for tests’.......in a helicopter, yeah right!

We saw this with Johnson, so much BS as his people tried to show he was strong and there was nothing to worry about.

Now Trump has to pay the cost to be the boss.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
His people are saying ‘mild symptoms’ and ‘just going to hospital for tests’.......in a helicopter, yeah right!

We saw this with Johnson, so much BS as his people tried to show he was strong and there was nothing to worry about.

Now Trump has to pay the cost to be the boss.

By this afternoon I was hearing "Mild" had quietly changed to "moderate". It was also pointed out that they say he has a fever, which apparently isn't usual for the early days.

This certainly makes you wonder about that other unscheduled trip he took to Walter Reed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bbc news alert for me

US President Donald Trump is being taken to Walter Reed Medical Centre, in Maryland, following his diagnosis with coronavirus.

White House reporters have been told he is going there for tests.

Earlier today, his Chief of Staff Matt Meadows told reporters that the president was displaying "mild symptoms." Trump's physician also confirmed the president was "fat but in good spirits."

Corrected for you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here