Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
He has been "Under Audit". For years apparently. That means he will be negotiating a deal and will pay several million every year when he eventually settled on a figure with the IRS.

Then when he pays the amounts due. All he will need to do is a good PR job to leak the eventual agreed on liabilities. Then he will be call all these stories fake and people will swallow it.

The only time he will have an issue is if he is Prosecuted for false declarations. That wont happen because as he is Audited every year the records are always open and he probably pays by "Negotiation" every year. And that's not unusual for people with multiple busineses.

The only issue he could have is with overseas companies. In the US - All non US companies where he has a controlling share need to be reported individually and you have to pay tax on not only profits of overseas companies but also pay tax on all monies sitting in those companies.

So if there are a lot of Undeclared overseas companies. That could become a Criminal Issue. However no one probably has any clue as to what companies overseas he may have controlling shares in.

But... If he loses the election, he steps down before the end of January and, constitutionally, Pence takes over. Then Pence, as president, can pardon Trump from any/all criminal charges arising.

There is a small window to do this, but I have no doubt, whatever way the tax situation he has put himself in gets resolved it will be to his benefit. And it won't impact his supporters belief that he is anything but a little bit maverick rather than a criminal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i'm wondering if the taxs will have much impact, they are nothing unexpected. though Trump may mistakenly do the double down and make ludicrous claims in his defense, as he is prone to do.

He’s already called it Fake News.
Ivanka is also implicated deeply.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The only issue he could have is with overseas companies. In the US - All non US companies where he has a controlling share need to be reported individually and you have to pay tax on not only profits of overseas companies but also pay tax on all monies sitting in those companies.

So if there are a lot of Undeclared overseas companies. That could become a Criminal Issue. However no one probably has any clue as to what companies overseas he may have controlling shares in.

thats very recent change to US tax law, past couple of years. one would expect the businesses have complied.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
thats very recent change to US tax law, past couple of years. one would expect the businesses have complied.

They have got stricter in the last couple of years but the Rules on Declarations of Overseas Companies came in around 2014

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's relevance in 2020 is minimal.

Joe Rogan has more influence than the MS media outlets do these days..

that would mean Joe Rogan is mainstream...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I thought it had been fairly common knowledge for a few years that Trump's tax returns were shameful and that is why he never published them.

:shrug:

Fairly common knowledge to the voters in 2016 and they still elected him. Hilary Clinton had never fully shrugged off the smears surrounding the Whitewater Scandal and the presumptive attitude that she only had to stand to win and it was her turn, her right, that alienated many. Now, you have Trump again, with all his faults against an even older man ( 77 ) who has a long list of inappropriate sexual behaviour allegations against him and has been criticised for repeatedly commenting on the physical appearance of women on his campaign trail.
Not exactly a great choice is it but I reckon they may go for..." better the devil you know "....and a Trump win again.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I hope Biden is centre enough for the number of swing voters they need. And I hope he doesn’t suddenly fall mysteriously ill. If America vote in Trump (legally) again the world is doomed.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Trump f***** Stormy Daniels and had to pay $130,000 to keep it quiet. Trump f***** the whole country and only had to pay $750

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's relevance in 2020 is minimal.

Joe Rogan has more influence than the MS media outlets do these days..

Joe Rogan wouldn't have been able to investigate this story.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Joe Rogan wouldn't have been able to investigate this story.

Joe Rogan wouldn't want to. Like his huge following they don't really care about things like this because they know all the politicians are on the take.

That's how you get 92 million eligible voters not bothering to turn up.

He's an influencer though which is why he even had the platform to put his hand up to moderate the debates and had one of the two politicians agree to it,

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
And I hope he doesn’t suddenly fall mysteriously ill. If America vote in Trump (legally) again the world is doomed.

Is it, though? Unlike most previous Presidents, Trump doesn’t try to start wars. He’s also tried to broker peace in the Middle East and between North and South Korea.

I remember the doom mongers four years ago acting like the the world would end now he was president, but nothing seems to have happened.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it, though? Unlike most previous Presidents, Trump doesn’t try to start wars. He’s also tried to broker peace in the Middle East and between North and South Korea.

I remember the doom mongers four years ago acting like the the world would end now he was president, but nothing seems to have happened.

It may not have ended for you, but it has ended for thousands of Americans.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It may not have ended for you, but it has ended for thousands of Americans.

Hence the Biden stalking horse, think Joe will win the election but then 'step down' on health grounds and in January the US will have its first ever Women President in Kamala Harris, sadly even in 2020 despite being the best candidate the US electorate would not directly vote for a black woman.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Polls are still looking very good for Biden. Even if the polls are wrong by the same margin as they were last time, Biden still wins.

These tax revelations won't change many minds.

Indeed it doesn't seem there are that many minds left to be changed, which is a big difference from the same point last time round when there was still a large 'undecided' vote to be fought for.

But they will help cement the minds of moderates who have already moved away from Trump. As will the further revelations to come. And he can't win with just his 'base'. He needs moderate republicans to hold their noses en masse.

If there is anyone still predicting that Trump will definitely win, I am up for a wager (to charity). As someone that believes that climate change is happening and is an existential threat, if Trump does win, paying out on a bet will be the least of my concerns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here