Trump

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
It also seems that there is an element of trolling in the place and the date. June Nineteenth is the anniversary of the emancipation of slaves in the Confederacy and Tulsa is the site of one on the worst instances of violence against black people in US history:

"The Tulsa race massacre (also called the Tulsa race riot, the Greenwood Massacre, or the Black Wall Street Massacre) of 1921 took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents attacked black residents and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It has been called "the single worst incident of racial violence in American history." The attack, carried out on the ground and from private aircraft, destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the district—at that time the wealthiest black community in the United States, known as "Black Wall Street".

"More than 800 people were admitted to hospitals and as many as 6,000 black residents were interned at large facilities, many for several days. The Oklahoma Bureau of Vital Statistics officially recorded 36 dead, but the American Red Cross declined to provide an estimate. A 2001 state commission examination of events was able to confirm 36 dead, 26 black and 10 white, based on contemporary autopsy reports, death certificates and other records.The commission gave overall estimates from 75–100 to 150–300 dead." [From Wikipedia]

The excellent Watchmen series on Sky references the Tulsa riot which before I was unaware of. In these times it’s even more poignant.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1273709824329625618[/TWEET]

For those who can't be bothered to read the whole thread (although I would recommend it), here are the top few "WTF?" moments from John Bolton's book

- Trump told President Xi building concentration camps for Muslims "was exactly the right thing to do"
- Trump told Chinese president people wanted 2-term limit repealed for him + nodded when Xi said US had too many elections
- Trump did not realise Britain was a nuclear power
- Trump asked if Finland was part of Russia
- Trump said some journalists should be jailed to reveal their sources. Or just “executed”.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[TWEET]1273709824329625618[/TWEET]

For those who can't be bothered to read the whole thread (although I would recommend it), here are the top few "WTF?" moments from John Bolton's book

- Trump told President Xi building concentration camps for Muslims "was exactly the right thing to do"
- Trump told Chinese president people wanted 2-term limit repealed for him + nodded when Xi said US had too many elections
- Trump did not realise Britain was a nuclear power
- Trump asked if Finland was part of Russia
- Trump said some journalists should be jailed to reveal their sources. Or just “executed”.

Just remember everyone, don't underestimate the stupidity of Americans. I'd still say he's got a 50/50 chance in November, this stuff means nothing to the Trump base

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Would I be correct this thread is still on the Big Board as even NSC inhouse loons have abandoned Trump? ie not much disagreement these days

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would I be correct this thread is still on the Big Board as even NSC inhouse loons have abandoned Trump? ie not much disagreement these days
To be honest there's very little to disagree about.

Sure, every so often a whataboutary artist looms large, but the fact this thread is left well alone by NSC right of centrists, is rather damning towards Trumpet.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To be honest there's very little to disagree about.

Sure, every so often a whataboutary artist looms large, but the fact this thread is left well alone by NSC right of centrists, is rather damning towards Trumpet.

The sheer volume of his stupidity, ignorance and lies is just indefensible by anyone with at least half a brain.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that he hasn't been deleted this yet shows just how far he's willing to go. Scary.

[tweet]1273774312739295234[/tweet]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The fact that he hasn't been deleted this yet shows just how far he's willing to go. Scary.

[tweet]1273774312739295234[/tweet]

He might when he sees that twitter have tagged it "Manipulated Media" with the following:

What you need to know
- In September 2019, CNN reported on a viral video about a friendship between two toddlers
- On Thursday, the president shared a version of the video which many journalists confirmed was edited and doctored with a fake CNN chyron​

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just remember everyone, don't underestimate the stupidity of Americans. I'd still say he's got a 50/50 chance in November, this stuff means nothing to the Trump base

To give credit to Americans where it's due, Trump is looking very likely to lose the popular vote with Biden showing double digit leads on a few diverse national polls now (one of which was a Fox News poll).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's coming to Arizona on June 23rd, the state where coronavirus cases are exploding. I'm sure he would love to see thousands of his supporters, maskless, at close proximity.

I hope he gets his wish.

President, see you next Tuesday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1274056424558075912[/tweet]

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Good to see the Supreme Court, which now has a Republican majority, find that Trump’s attempts to deport “dreamers” (effectively kids without the right papers) is unlawful.

Is this something more than a reasonable decision?

That was a great decision. My worry is that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg (one of the good guys - well, gals I suppose ) is now 87 and can't go on forever. I just hope she can hang on until we get a Democrat in the White House and can be replaced with a like minded individual. Whereas the two Trump appointees are only in their early 50s and have at least another 20 years. The political shift in the Supreme Court will be Trump's real legacy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's coming to Arizona on June 23rd, the state where coronavirus cases are exploding. I'm sure he would love to see thousands of his supporters, maskless, at close proximity.

I hope he gets his wish.

President, see you next Tuesday.

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports