Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've often wondered what motivates people like those who would take the job as Trump's chief advisor. Or that **** Coulson who the moron Cameron had as director of communications.

I know everyone will say "money" but they don't even get paid that much in the grand scheme of things.

Not when, in Trump's advisor's case, you're going to get sacked soon (and probably go to prison) or with Coulson, you're going to expose yourself more to the chance of spending most of your life in court and narrowly avoiding prison (for being the scumbag that you are).

I honestly don't get it.

These people in the USA, imho, are themselves generally Alt-Right and/or no holds barred capitalists (the last word is not dirty for me at all, but their version is based on minimal regulation, everyone for themselves, tread on the vulnerable).

Happy to get onboard Project Screw The Planet with the Orange Oath.

If they get sacked, it's the springboard to more career opportunities than they had before.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These people in the USA, imho, are themselves generally Alt-Right and/or no holds barred capitalists (the last word is not dirty for me at all, but their version is based on minimal regulation, everyone for themselves, tread on the vulnerable).

If they get sacked, it's the springboard to more career opportunities than they had before.

I remember an American explaining that, very simply, they put the rights of the individual and the individual’s freedom above all else. This manifests itself in how people behave and interact and most things can usually be traced back to this. I appreciate this is a incredibly simplistic theory but there’s a lot of truth in this and it’s stuck with me for years.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Which is fine when you have a healthy job market .... oh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember an American explaining that, very simply, they put the rights of the individual and the individual’s freedom above all else. This manifests itself in how people behave and interact and most things can usually be traced back to this. I appreciate this is a incredibly simplistic theory but there’s a lot of truth in this and it’s stuck with me for years.

Expanding on that, the gun lobby is very much part of it.

My variation on that is that circa half of Yanks, often in more decent places such as The West Coast, New England and some major cities, are far more socially minded. They tend to vote Democrat, obviously.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Like little children, they want to have all the rights without all the responsibilities.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

It is a useful thing to remember. Certainly applies to guns, sadly.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One bit of good news, amongst all this. You can now buy your long-awaited commemorative coin, from the White House online store, celebrating the administration’s great victory over corona virus. For $100.

I’m not even joking.

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/covid-heroes.htm

This is in fact the 11th coin in this series, which includes

Number 1, 2, 3: KOREA PEACE TALKS & SUMMIT IN SINGAPORE COINS IN SEQUENTIAL SERIES
Number 4: THE UNITED STATES SPACE FORCE
Number 5: PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP SUMMIT WITH RUSSIA'S PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN
Number 6: Christmas Greetings from the White House of President Donald J. Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, Vice-President Michael R. Pence, Second Lady Karen Pence in the Most Intricate & Elegant Design in the Entire Collections of The White House Gift Shop
Number 7: Title: GENIUS MAKES ITS OWN RULES with a Monograph "President Donald J. Trump: A Study in Genius"
Number 8: Genius Makes Its Own Rules
Number 9: The New Air Force One Coin, Pre-Order for January 1, 2019 Release
Number 10: Armistice: President Donald J. Trump in France on the 100th Anniversary of the End of World War I

There is an obvious theme in all of these coins, but #7 surely infringes trade description laws.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is in fact the 11th coin in this series, which includes

Number 1, 2, 3: KOREA PEACE TALKS & SUMMIT IN SINGAPORE COINS IN SEQUENTIAL SERIES
Number 4: THE UNITED STATES SPACE FORCE
Number 5: PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP SUMMIT WITH RUSSIA'S PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN
Number 6: Christmas Greetings from the White House of President Donald J. Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, Vice-President Michael R. Pence, Second Lady Karen Pence in the Most Intricate & Elegant Design in the Entire Collections of The White House Gift Shop
Number 7: Title: GENIUS MAKES ITS OWN RULES with a Monograph "President Donald J. Trump: A Study in Genius"
Number 8: Genius Makes Its Own Rules
Number 9: The New Air Force One Coin, Pre-Order for January 1, 2019 Release
Number 10: Armistice: President Donald J. Trump in France on the 100th Anniversary of the End of World War I

There is an obvious theme in all of these coins, but #7 surely infringes trade description laws.

Mind you....https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/withdrawal-from-the-european-union-2020/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you imagine a Government minting commemorative coins before the event had actually happened ???

I don't think it's like that.

They are Challenge Coins which aren't the same as our commemorative coins.

They do have a greater importance and are given as a sign of respect/love.

But as said that's a bit speculation on my part as I've never quite got a handle on it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
4764DEDE-0142-4E1E-98D2-DBAD1F3351B9.png

People gunna be sued all over the place

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I got blasted in this thread for talking about a politician that wasn't Trump to the point that people wanted us to have a thread created for every politician we wanted to talk about. Please create a thread for this disgusting woman and keep her out of this topic, thank you.

"This disgusting woman" :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Shouldn't that read Orange Oaf?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, of course we can, but I don't recall them charging £100 a go.

It isn't Government issued, The White House Gift Shop is a private enterprise with no current affiliation to the US Government.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The armed protesters in the Michigan state house are an alarming sight. Anyone imagine what the police response would be if several hundred armed Muslims stormed the building and tried to force their way in. Something tells me that police wouldn't just be containing them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here