Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Republican leaders finally turning against Trump in numbers today. It’s taken his decision to withdraw troops from Turkey to do it, but hopefully it’s a significant moment. If they finally have the morals and balls to speak up on this, it could pave the way for a few to start speaking up on other points too, and giving the party room to actually start questioning whether blind loyalty to The Orange Buffoon really is the best strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The morals to remove US troops from foreign lands like he promised?

Everyone who turns against him in this case identifies themselves as being in the business of profiteering from the war industry.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Trump has exposed the media big time for being disreputable if he's done anything in his time as President.

I like how you never rest on your laurels. Daily you bring your A game to NSC to out do just how much of a plum you sound. Respect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over..."

The man is off his ****ing rocker.
That he may we'll be, but he's still smart enough to know exactly what his voters want to here.

Obliterating another country is precisely what middle aged, fat, white, male, racist America wants from it's President and there's enough of them to give him another 4 more years.

The dream would be for 'the media' to not even mention The Donald, I reckon in less than a week he'll tantrum so badly he'd be gone.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That he may we'll be, but he's still smart enough to know exactly what his voters want to here.

Obliterating another country is precisely what middle aged, fat, white, male, racist America wants from it's President and there's enough of them to give him another 4 more years.

The dream would be for 'the media' to not even mention The Donald, I reckon in less than a week he'll tantrum so badly he'd be gone.

Obliterating countries is what the Democrats want as well yes? They also profit from the war industry.

Funny how they say one thing, yet do another. They literally tell us all he's so dangerous to the world he needs to be gotten rid of, then the go green light billions of dollars extra into his military spending.

People need to open their eyes and wake up to the bullshit.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Obliterating countries is what the Democrats want as well yes? They also profit from the war industry.

Funny how they say one thing, yet do another. They literally tell us all he's so dangerous to the world he needs to be gotten rid of, then the go green light billions of dollars extra into his military spending.

People need to open their eyes and wake up to the bullshit.

I thought he was going to be the antidote to the US' horrendous foreign policy.

Shame

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I thought he was going to be the antidote to the US' horrendous foreign policy.

Shame

Well he's not started a bunch of wars as the previous administrations did. He seems more intent on starting trade wars than military ones thus far.

I'm all for the US pulling out of that region and leaving them up to their own devices.

Absolute madness that so many young men die on the soils of these foreign nations.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well he's not started a bunch of wars as the previous administrations did. He seems more intent on starting trade wars than military ones thus far.

I'm all for the US pulling out of that region and leaving them up to their own devices.

Absolute madness that so many young men die on the soils of these foreign nations.

I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies.

I haven't watched the video you posted but I am assuming that his military budget is getting spent on something?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trump either has the greatest joke speech writer or he has lost his marbles.

In talking about the troop withdrawal he asserts that when he became President he was told by the top General that the military had no ammunition.

Still maybe under our forthcoming Super FTA we can sell more guns and ammunition to America

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trump either has the greatest joke speech writer or he has lost his marbles.
I once had a friend who was an absolute liability with very little filter between his brain and mouth.

He was best man for his brother, who spent the entire run up to his wedding cacking himself over his brothers speech.

At speech o'clock my friend got out his notes and delivered one of the very best, best man's speeches, I've heard.

At the end it obviously dawned on him he now had a large room full of people all looking at him, hanging on his every word, and he didn't want that too end.
He looked away from his notes said a couple of words and I instantly, as a lone voice, started clapping and cheering the speech.

The world would be a lot safer if someone would do the same to The Donald. :lolol:

Oh and the happy couple kept my glass full all evening. :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Does this thread still going mean Trump hasn't been shot or impeached then.Was it Mr. Burns predicted that?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/...italian_spy_heres_the_latest_russiagate_twist

Was mystery Maltese professor Joseph Mifsud an Italian spy? Here’s the latest Russiagate twist

Trump’s allies posit conspiracy theory that Mifsud acted as CIA or FBI counterintelligence asset to disrupt election

In Washington, the United States Attorney General William Barr has been tasked to review the origins of the Russia investigation: the FBI investigation into allegations of Russian interference in the election that saw Donald Trump become president.

But at the heart of this review is an assertion by Donald Trump’s supporters that Maltese professor Joseph Mifsud, said to have once told Trump aide George Papadopoulos that the Russians had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton, could have been a spy for the Italian secret service.

As part of the review, Barr met recently with secret service officials in Italy, where Papadopoulos met Mifsud, a once academic at the Link Campus University of Rome.

Some of President Trump’s allies have posited an unfounded theory that a cabal of “deep state” American officials have used Mifsud – allegedly a Western intelligence agent under the control of the FBI or CIA – to be a counterintelligence trap for the Trump campaign.

In this role, Mifsud would have told Papadopoulos in the spring of 2016 that the Russians had “thousands” of stolen Democratic emails that could prove damaging to Democrat opponent Hillary Clinton, if they became public.

But to believe this theory means that Mifsud would have been part of an elaborate conspiracy which eluded the FBI’s exhaustive investigation, which included over 2,800 subpoenas, 500 search warrants, 13 requests to foreign governments for evidence and interviews of about 500 witnesses.

Mifsud has already been dubbed a Russian agent by James B. Comey, the former FBI director who launched the Russiagate investigation, due to his contacts with Russian associates, one of them a former employee of the Internet Research Agency, which used social media posts to sow discord in 2016 as part of Russia’s election sabotage.

Mifsud has denied having taken any money from the Russians.

He first met Papadopoulos in March 2016 in Italy and a month later in London, where he suggested that the Russian government could assist the Trump campaign through the “anonymous release of information that would be damaging to Hillary Clinton” – according to the Mueller report, which took over the Russia investigation in May 2017.

This is known because it was Papadopoulos who reported this conversation in May 2016 to a pair of Australian diplomats, which information was passed on by the Australian government to the United States.

This was the main factor into the FBI’s investigation of July 2016. Papadapoulos was convicted for lying to FBI investigators about his meetings with Mifsud, serving 12 days in prison.

But since leaving prison, Papadopoulos is claiming in his book “Deep State Target” that the Obama administration mounted a coordinated effort to spy on the Trump campaign and that he was a pawn in that operation.

Papadopoulos is suggesting that Mifsud was “an Italian intelligence asset who the C.I.A. weaponized”; Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani has claimed, also without evidence, that Mifsud was a “counterintelligence operative, either Maltese or Italian.”

Trump has also followed through on the conspiracy. “They think it could have been by UK. They think it could have been by Australia. They think it could have been by Italy.”

But American officials have said Mifsud has never worked for neither the FBI or CIA – had he been an informant the FBI prosecutors could have easily found and questioned him, and the CIA would be legally obliged to tell the FBI about him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
https://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/...italian_spy_heres_the_latest_russiagate_twist

Was mystery Maltese professor Joseph Mifsud an Italian spy? Here’s the latest Russiagate twist

Trump’s allies posit conspiracy theory that Mifsud acted as CIA or FBI counterintelligence asset to disrupt election

In Washington, the United States Attorney General William Barr has been tasked to review the origins of the Russia investigation: the FBI investigation into allegations of Russian interference in the election that saw Donald Trump become president.

But at the heart of this review is an assertion by Donald Trump’s supporters that Maltese professor Joseph Mifsud, said to have once told Trump aide George Papadopoulos that the Russians had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton, could have been a spy for the Italian secret service.

As part of the review, Barr met recently with secret service officials in Italy, where Papadopoulos met Mifsud, a once academic at the Link Campus University of Rome.

Some of President Trump’s allies have posited an unfounded theory that a cabal of “deep state” American officials have used Mifsud – allegedly a Western intelligence agent under the control of the FBI or CIA – to be a counterintelligence trap for the Trump campaign.

In this role, Mifsud would have told Papadopoulos in the spring of 2016 that the Russians had “thousands” of stolen Democratic emails that could prove damaging to Democrat opponent Hillary Clinton, if they became public.

But to believe this theory means that Mifsud would have been part of an elaborate conspiracy which eluded the FBI’s exhaustive investigation, which included over 2,800 subpoenas, 500 search warrants, 13 requests to foreign governments for evidence and interviews of about 500 witnesses.

Mifsud has already been dubbed a Russian agent by James B. Comey, the former FBI director who launched the Russiagate investigation, due to his contacts with Russian associates, one of them a former employee of the Internet Research Agency, which used social media posts to sow discord in 2016 as part of Russia’s election sabotage.

Mifsud has denied having taken any money from the Russians.

He first met Papadopoulos in March 2016 in Italy and a month later in London, where he suggested that the Russian government could assist the Trump campaign through the “anonymous release of information that would be damaging to Hillary Clinton” – according to the Mueller report, which took over the Russia investigation in May 2017.

This is known because it was Papadopoulos who reported this conversation in May 2016 to a pair of Australian diplomats, which information was passed on by the Australian government to the United States.

This was the main factor into the FBI’s investigation of July 2016. Papadapoulos was convicted for lying to FBI investigators about his meetings with Mifsud, serving 12 days in prison.

But since leaving prison, Papadopoulos is claiming in his book “Deep State Target” that the Obama administration mounted a coordinated effort to spy on the Trump campaign and that he was a pawn in that operation.

Papadopoulos is suggesting that Mifsud was “an Italian intelligence asset who the C.I.A. weaponized”; Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani has claimed, also without evidence, that Mifsud was a “counterintelligence operative, either Maltese or Italian.”

Trump has also followed through on the conspiracy. “They think it could have been by UK. They think it could have been by Australia. They think it could have been by Italy.”

But American officials have said Mifsud has never worked for neither the FBI or CIA – had he been an informant the FBI prosecutors could have easily found and questioned him, and the CIA would be legally obliged to tell the FBI about him.

Good old Don, he's spraying the accusations around like a machine gun these days, he's going to shoot himself badly soon.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies.

I haven't watched the video you posted but I am assuming that his military budget is getting spent on something?

War ships are mentioned.

Which to me suggests he'll be able to point to jobs created or sustained as a result of spending a few billion $ on construction, populating and servicing them.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

You seem to be ignoring the shit he's leaving the Kurds in. Trump claims he's not abandoning his Kurdish allies, but it certainly looks that way.

While Trumo may not care about anyone other than himself (I say "may not", but let's be clear here, he doesn't care about anyone but himself) so why would he worry about shitting on key allies, the problem that even he will have a tantrum about is that this is something that could finally turn the GOP against him, as support for the Kurds has been cross-party. Plus, he, of course, didn't seem to run any of this past those around him before just blurting it out on the phone with Turkey. Or maybe he thought he had mentioned it to people, and that's just teh dementia creeping up on him.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You seem to be ignoring the shit he's leaving the Kurds in. Trump claims he's not abandoning his Kurdish allies, but it certainly looks that way.

While Trumo may not care about anyone other than himself (I say "may not", but let's be clear here, he doesn't care about anyone but himself) so why would he worry about shitting on key allies, the problem that even he will have a tantrum about is that this is something that could finally turn the GOP against him, as support for the Kurds has been cross-party. Plus, he, of course, didn't seem to run any of this past those around him before just blurting it out on the phone with Turkey. Or maybe he thought he had mentioned it to people, and that's just teh dementia creeping up on him.

I'm not ignoring this. The Kurds would have fought the battles they did with or without US presence.

Is your suggestion for them to stay there and keep getting US citizens killed? Would you be ok with sending over 10,000 British soldiers to replace the US soldiers if they pull out?

I find it strange that for a long time now we've been told how the US shouldn't interfere in ME affairs and their presence causes all of the world's problems.

Yet as soon as an administration suggests pulling out of a region the same people who've been pushing the anti-US intervention POV are now having a go at Trump for doing exactly what they said they wanted all along.

Do you really think that support for the Kurds is why Dems and Republicans both are making noise over this and not the fact if he pulls out the military industry complex stops making money off it?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm not ignoring this. The Kurds would have fought the battles they did with or without US presence.

Is your suggestion for them to stay there and keep getting US citizens killed? Would you be ok with sending over 10,000 British soldiers to replace the US soldiers if they pull out?

I find it strange that for a long time now we've been told how the US shouldn't interfere in ME affairs and their presence causes all of the world's problems.

Yet as soon as an administration suggests pulling out of a region the same people who've been pushing the anti-US intervention POV are now having a go at Trump for doing exactly what they said they wanted all along.

Do you really think that support for the Kurds is why Dems and Republicans both are making noise over this and not the fact if he pulls out the military industry complex stops making money off it?

There's a big difference between debating whether to go in initially, and just pulling out to leave a shitstorm behind you.

The troops are there to keep the region stable. he's very quick to keep saying how he's defeated ISIS "100%" but that is just plain ignorant. Those people are still there, albeit largely captured and rounded up into inadequately manned detention camps. If the Kurds now have to rush to the border to prevent Turkey pushing forward - they have already stated the area they will hold is twice the size the US initially suggested - then they leave the camps even more unmanned.

Peace keeping forces are a necessity, and IMHO this region is not ready to stand alone, and pulling out leaving the Kurds to try to control the remnants of ISIS and stop them reforming, and re-arming, while also trying to keep Turkey back, is extremely dangerous. He desperately needed a "WIN" and has gone for getting troops back from foreign wars, but this one may blow up in his face because he's done it off his own back, and the GOP see the wider dangers in this move.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All a distraction from the news Trump is fulfilling the order of his boss in the Kremlin to pull out of the Open Skies Treaty. Leaving NATO blinded to a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All a distraction from the news Trump is fulfilling the order of his boss in the Kremlin to pull out of the Open Skies Treaty. Leaving NATO blinded to a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Yep. He's making a lot of military / defence decisions without any oversight or scrutiny. Scary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here