Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tion-criminal-trump-impeachment-a9142741.html

Ukraine to review closure of criminal investigation into firm linked to Biden son, prosecutor announces

Ukraine has announced it is reviewing the closure of criminal investigations concerning a gas company which former US Vice President Joe Biden’s son worked for.

The probes covered alleged tax offences, illegal enrichment and illegal distribution of drilling licences, but they were closed after a court order in 2016.

Associates of US President Donald Trump have claimed that former prosecutor general Victor Shokin was fired at the insistence of Biden Senior to shut down an investigation into the company, Burisma Holdings. There is no evidence to support these claims. Paper trails and the testimony of those involved in the case at the time suggest that, on the contrary Mr Shokin stood in the way of any inquiry.

But these claims now lie at the heart of a US congress impeachment inquiry into possible abuse of power, opened following a whistleblower complaint that Mr Trump tried to strong-arm his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky, into re-opening an investigation.

On Friday, Ruslan Riaboshapka, Ukraine's current chief prosecutor, announced his office was conducting a review into this and a dozen other high-profile cases. But he stopped short of offering a full investigation into the company or either of the Bidens.

“We are conducting an audit of historic cases carried out by the General Prosecutor. ... There are about 15 such cases. We are now reviewing all cases that were closed, or cut down, or investigated earlier, in order to make a decision in cases where illegal interventions took place."

Mr Riaboshapka said the review had nothing to do with the scandal in Washington.

"The prosecutor's office is outside of politics," he insisted

More follows…

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I watched a source called "Donald Trump" yesterday. He said he wanted the leaders of Ukraine and China to find dirt on his political opponents for him. Can you please explain to me how that is "a liberal biased source"?

Or he asked them to investigate an utterly corrupt politician and his son. That's how a rational mind would look at it. I mean **** me, how does Hunter Biden get paid that amount of money knowing nothing about the industry?

Zelensky said he wasn't pressured and did nothing anyway.

This has pointless written all over it, just like Russia-gate which was supposed to bring Trump crashing down and out of office. Instead it lead to utter embarrassment for those who pushed that fairy-tale. Like CNN and MSNBC.

My prediction is this fizzles out to be much ado about nothing. This is a last gasp clutching at straws move by the Dems which in the end has destroyed any chance one of their candidates in Biden had of running off against Trump.

The Dems lost their #1 moderate candidate and are now left with a capable Sanders and an utterly hopeless Warren as their leading candidates.

I note the only candidate they have with a brain Tulsi Gabbard first came out saying impeachment was a terrible idea. She understood this has the potential to backfire big time on the Democrats. Naturally they were too stupid to listen to her. Then they went and reigned her in to get her to tow the party line.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Or he asked them to investigate an utterly corrupt politician and his son.

So Trump hs said he has no evidence that the Bidens are corrupt, so I'm guessing you have?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So Trump hs said he has no evidence that the Bidens are corrupt, so I'm guessing you have?

Well the fact a guy who has zero experience in an industry in a nation he has no ties to is getting paid a huge amount of money to sit on a board then there's something very fishy going on, wouldn't you say?

I mean it looks suspicious as all ****.

Are you going to be honest and say if you switched Hunter Biden with Trump Jnr your reaction would be the same?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
For political gain.

that's the point.
The crime which breaks his oath of office is the classic 'gangster shakedown'.

*** Such a nice country. It'd be a shame if anything happened to it. It would be tremendous if I could send you javelin missiles and military aid. Perhaps you could investigate my rival ***.

*** Such a shame we have to have a trade war. Perhaps China could investigate my rival ***.

Coming soon, no doubt...

*** Such a great opportunity for a trade deal. Perhaps the UK could investigate my rival ***.

All in plain sight. The mobster President needs to go before his creeping dementia makes him unfit for trial and punishment.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well the fact a guy who has zero experience in an industry in a nation he has no ties to is getting paid a huge amount of money to sit on a board then there's something very fishy going on, wouldn't you say?

I mean it looks suspicious as all ****.

Are you going to be honest and say if you switched Hunter Biden with Trump Jnr your reaction would be the same?

You can sit on a board if you are elected or buy your way on - it isn't necessary (though I agree desirable) to have experience in the industry. However, I'm not sure how that proves any fraudulent conduct. If you can prove that, then i'll happily change my view.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Interesting dilemma for the Republicans though, as the man is a poison which could infect the GOP for decades to come. His dementia is worsening, his outbursts are becoming more and more regular and childish with each turn.

He will clearly play the same cards as he did last time, claiming that is opponent is a crook, and the first thing he'll do is jail them, blah blah blah.

Looks to me like the Republicans could do with moving him on rather than have him run for another term, as I don't see how they could possibly hope that his dementia, and their luck that he's not let his enormous ego, and almost endless ineptitude for the job blow up in truly spectacular style. But how do they move him on in the best way for the Party?

Vote through the impeachment?
Stand him down on medical grounds?

Not sure either looks good on them, but nor would another terms of his lunacy, which will only get worse. And I can't see him accepting his failings and agreeing to stand down, it's just not in the nature of of sociopath.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The impeachment could well backfire on the Democrats, they knew the risk when they started - with the Republicans controlling the Senate that will probably stop it in its tracks. I would hope that it would at least give voters something to think about next November, but the reality is a lot of voters are more concerned with jobs and the New York Times has just said 136,000 more jobs were added in September and unemployment numbers continue to drop. I was lucky when I moved to the States that Obama got elected a few months later and stayed in power for 8 years - I've now resigned myself to another 4 years of Trump - at least then the 2 term limit kicks in and he's out (but I wouldn't put it past that **** to get that legislation overturned in the Supreme Court with the stooges he has put in there)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...at least then the 2 term limit kicks in and he's out (but I wouldn't put it past that **** to get that legislation overturned in the Supreme Court with the stooges he has put in there)

constitution amendment isnt it, would need another amendment passed 2/3rds?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The grandiose tosspot has now tweet-boasted about his own "great and unmatched wisdom".

What a tool.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over..."

The man is off his ****ing rocker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The grandiose tosspot has now tweet-boasted about his own "great and unmatched wisdom".

What a tool.

Time for a game of:

Impeached, sectioned or assassinated.

roll the die.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over..."

The man is off his ****ing rocker.

The Orange One had already brought the Turkish economy to its knees in 2018, in retaliation over the detention of pastor Andrew Brunson. Tariffs leading to a collapse in the currency and high inflation. Tariffs relaxed when Trump got his way a year ago.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This again proves that he can get away with saying practically anything in his Tweets.

The bizarre thing about it is that reputable news vendors quote it as if it's perfectly normal.

Are there any of them left in the US?

Trump has exposed the media big time for being disreputable if he's done anything in his time as President.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Republican leaders finally turning against Trump in numbers today. It’s taken his decision to withdraw troops from Turkey to do it, but hopefully it’s a significant moment. If they finally have the morals and balls to speak up on this, it could pave the way for a few to start speaking up on other points too, and giving the party room to actually start questioning whether blind loyalty to The Orange Buffoon really is the best strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here