Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As is usual, the President gets away with lying in public " Only one very small protest, it's Fake News again " crazy world !
In his defence he probably never saw any (was kept away) but that's all he needs for his version of reality.

He really is very very odd.

Just reading a fact checking piece regarding his comments over the last few days.

He DID predict Brexit in an interview with ITV before he was even the official candidate for the Republicans. Well before anyone else.

He had now changed the story to say he predicted it the DAY before in Scotland.

Which he didn't.....

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
And he's also said there were thousands cheering him. How he gets away with it is quite astonishing really.

Cathy Newman summed it up on channel 4 news. Simon and Garfunkel.

All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The NHS and anything else that takes their fancy because in any deal, we will not be negotiating on an equal footing. They have far more power at the table than us plus our politicians will be desperate to get a deal, any deal, over the line as soon as possible. It's a bit like the situation with Huawei. Security advice is to steer clear but the prospect of a trade deal with China means May has abandoned wisdom.

The politicians will sell us down the river and we'll be stuck with it for decades.

Just a few of the scrumptious delights waiting to grace British supermarkets after a US trade deal.......

https://thegoodhuman.com/foods-we-eat-in-america-that-are-banned-in-other-countries/

It's interesting that presently The UK seems to be at the forefront of banning unsafe ingredients when compared to other countries.

Times they are a changing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So he did say NHS then, apologies for doubting users and the radio here. Am I worried, no because I don't think it means American companies are going to charge us to use the NHS. What I think is that American companies would be allowed to offer health insurance or other services, like companies do already in this country.

Wow. Some World class head in sand stuff there.

You don't think it means American companies are going to charge us to use the NHS?

Of course not.

They want the complete destruction of the NHS so that they can make more money at the expense of people who are ill. A bit like the way it works in America. Have you noticed how it works, or rather doesn't work there?

Farage supports this as well.

Do you live on Mars because this shit has been in the public domain for years?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
In his defence he probably never saw any (was kept away) but that's all he needs for his version of reality.

He really is very very odd.

Just reading a fact checking piece regarding his comments over the last few days.

He DID predict Brexit in an interview with ITV before he was even the official candidate for the Republicans. Well before anyone else.

He had now changed the story to say he predicted it the DAY before in Scotland.

Which he didn't.....

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
So he even lies about something he told the truth about?

I suppose if you lie constantly then it must get a bit confusing.

"I did NOT say that"

"Mr President, you did and this time it's actually a positive thing for you, so..... "

"I did NOT say it THEN though!"

"No sir, you did and the timing is not that important. In fact it might help but......"

"You're fired! ......Get me a girl and a cheeseburger. One of those blonde Russian ones that will piss on... No I can't say that....., not the burger, and ketchup, ..... the girl. SOMEONE FIX MY HAIR! Mmm. It's great hair folks, I know hair......."

*sharts*

"Ok Mr President" *leaves room*

"And wipes, I need WIPES!......Eugh, that's bad. MELANIA!!!!!!"

D

Deleted member 22389

Trade deal might allow American companies to bid for NHS contracts like companies already do in this country. At the moment they can only bid for contracts if they are already set up in the UK. That's what I understood from listening to 5live this morning.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Trade deal might allow American companies to bid for NHS contracts like companies already do in this country. At the moment they can only bid for contracts if they are already set up in the UK. That's what I understood from listening to 5live this morning.

Aaron Banks works in insurance. The 'new health service' will be via insurance.

People now get pet insurance which has led to vets bills getting more & more expensive. I used to have a dog and could afford vets bills. I've always had cats, and have found bills going up and up each year.
There are always exclusions with insurance. My daughters dog got cancer in its mouth, but the insurance refused to pay 3K because they said it was dental. She had to pay it out. Luckily it was isolated, to a small part of his jaw & two teeth, so despite only being 18 months old, he's now living to a good age.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
U-turn from Trump on NHS. If we try and do a deal with this guy we'll get screwed. Stick with the massive trade surplus we have...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My overall opinion is that Trump came here to prove that he is much bigger and stronger than anything we have and can do anything he likes, even the royal family as he told Charles where to stand for a photo and jostled him out of the way and slagging off the mayor.
Basically anything he says, think the opposite and he is a serial liar.
The only clear thing is that he will always put America first, we would get totally steamrollered in any trade deal and any trade deal goes through Congress anyway.
Total classless buffoon and a very dangerous man.Trust him at your peril

D

Deleted member 22389

Aaron Banks works in insurance. The 'new health service' will be via insurance.

People now get pet insurance which has led to vets bills getting more & more expensive. I used to have a dog and could afford vets bills. I've always had cats, and have found bills going up and up each year.
There are always exclusions with insurance. My daughters dog got cancer in its mouth, but the insurance refused to pay 3K because they said it was dental. She had to pay it out. Luckily it was isolated, to a small part of his jaw & two teeth, so despite only being 18 months old, he's now living to a good age.

Are you 100% certain about this.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
My overall opinion is that Trump came here to prove that he is much bigger and stronger than anything we have and can do anything he likes, even the royal family as he told Charles where to stand for a photo and jostled him out of the way and slagging off the mayor.
Basically anything he says, think the opposite and he is a serial liar.
The only clear thing is that he will always put America first, we would get totally steamrollered in any trade deal and any trade deal goes through Congress anyway.
Total classless buffoon and a very dangerous man.Trust him at your peril

We are small fry to the Americans and they have bigger fish to try and land than us, the reality is sinking in. Lets face it, its a long time since the special relationship was that special

Europe is our best hope is ever being anything close to any equal partner with the States, doing better than that alone is delusional.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even less " Supporters " of Trump on the streets also, just a stream of right wing Tories and Farage going into the US embassy tonight.

Very true, a hand full of Trump devotees.

But why the small anti Trump crowd compared to the last time? The BBC media and other media outlets were predicting 100,000’s taking over central London yesterday. In the end, a small fraction of that.

Protest fatigue? A loss of interest?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you 100% certain about this.

Yes, I'm speaking from experience. Dental treatment & glasses used to be on the NHS. It is do easy to slice a bit off at a time. Privatisation by stealth. Parking charges going to private firms, not the NHS, hospital transport for the elderly and infirm already privatised, PFIs.
The Tories has already underfunded the NHS so can point out the 'failures' and the next 'logical' step is to say it needs more funding to do better. Here is firm ABX who are willing to invest in this hospital for a little insurance fee. It's a slippery slope we are already on.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Very true, a hand full of Trump devotees.

But why the small anti Trump crowd compared to the last time? The BBC media and other media outlets were predicting 100,000’s taking over central London yesterday. In the end, a small fraction of that.

Protest fatigue? A loss of interest?

With Farage, Johnson,Corbyn and Macdonald at home and no one running the country now and no one fit to do so in the future, maybe people don't have the time or energy to protest against a leader from another country when there is enough to worry about on our own door step?

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes, I'm speaking from experience. Dental treatment & glasses used to be on the NHS. It is do easy to slice a bit off at a time. Privatisation by stealth. Parking charges going to private firms, not the NHS, hospital transport for the elderly and infirm already privatised, PFIs.
The Tories has already underfunded the NHS so can point out the 'failures' and the next 'logical' step is to say it needs more funding to do better. Here is firm ABX who are willing to invest in this hospital for a little insurance fee. It's a slippery slope we are already on.

I seriously don't mind paying for dental treatment or glasses. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more towards the NHS either if the government would let me, but they will never do that because they know it wouldn't sit well with people. So how do we keep the NHS running, keeping standards with an ever increasing population and situation where some people through no fault of their own are hardly paying anything in to the system, what's the answer here.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

It is commonly accepted that the NHS is no longer fit for purpose. When it was designed, the population and hence, user base, was significantly smaller and living less long. With more folks using means both fair and foul to pay less tax, it is presently unsustainable as a business model. Neither Jezza nor BoJo could possibly fund it to the current required levels. Something needs to give somewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is commonly accepted that the NHS is no longer fit for purpose. When it was designed, the population and hence, user base, was significantly smaller and living less long. With more folks using means both fair and foul to pay less tax, it is presently unsustainable as a business model. Neither Jezza nor BoJo could possibly fund it to the current required levels. Something needs to give somewhere.

Who says it can't be funded to the required levels? Politicians? Who believes them? Yes, it needs reorganising and there are flaws but privatising it isn't the answer.
Going back to personal experience my cousin lives in the USA. Her daughter died of liver cancer three years ago, because her insurance found an exclusion clause not to fund treatment. She was in her early 40s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here