Trump tests positive for Coronavirus

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Election stunt or true? No sympathy here I’m afraid. Hope he didn’t infect Biden though when he was ranting at him on Tuesday for wearing a mask

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Has his positive test been independently verified? It is difficult to actually believe anything Trump says, so how do we actually know that this is not just a political stunt? He'll dominate the news, he won't have to do any rallies, he won't show himself up for what he is on any more debates, he'll pull through and show how strong he is and that he was right all along (just a bit of flu), and gain sympathy whilst losing nothing.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I don't think he'd be more likely to win. They may gain back some moderate Republicans but they'd lose an absolute shit tonne of MAGAs who never previously cared about voting before Trump, and won't afterwards either.

Hope you are right!

My concern is that we have gone from a relatively clear situation, with polls largely staying steady (if anything moving against Trump post debate), most people having made up their minds and Trump likely to lose. To a completely unpredictable situation where it feels like almost anything could now happen.

Sit back and watch the sh*tshow continue to unfold I guess. With a kind of grim fascination.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Has his positive test been independently verified? It is difficult to actually believe anything Trump says, so how do we actually know that this is not just a political stunt? He'll dominate the news, he won't have to do any rallies, he won't show himself up for what he is on any more debates, he'll pull through and show how strong he is and that he was right all along (just a bit of flu), and gain sympathy whilst losing nothing.

I posted earlier, they should get the World Health Organisation to verify it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In May Trump announced that he was taking daily doses of hydroxychloroquine to protect himself from CV19.

A drug he'd long touted as a potential coronavirus cure even as medical experts and the US Food and Drug Administration question its efficacy and warn of potentially harmful side effects.

The medical experts were correct.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
While I wouldn't have posted that myself, get over yourself. Trump's behaviour during this crisis has been appalling and there's no doubt his inaction and attitude has cost thousands of lies.

Only yesterday it was reported Trump is the worst spreader of Covid19 conspiracy theories. I mean really, wtf?? https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/01/dona...est-coronavirus-conspiracy-theorist-13356758/

Didn't he mock Biden for wearing mask on telly the other night?

This.

I wonder how free of sniggering certain folk would be were it the case that one of Corbyn, Abbott (Dianne, not Russ; OK also Russ), Adams (Gerry, not Micky), etc were announced infected?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This.

I wonder how free of sniggering certain folk would be were it the case that one of Corbyn, Abbott (Dianne, not Russ; OK also Russ), Adams (Gerry, not Micky), etc were announced infected?

You've missed the point entirely.

Also [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] it looks like quoting is properly broken which is confusing

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It could also be a scam, fake news feed from Trump, to whip up sympathy, to avoid another TV embarrassment, I wouldn't put it past the man.
He is so UNpresidential, he is simply a scumbag.

D

Deleted member 2719

Time for me to go.
Its clear that this thread is no place for respect and reason and I need to chill out with some mature and sensible individuals.
Get over to the bear pit mo, it is a much calmer.
Respect is not in the far lefts dictionary, hatred, anger and revenge are though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In May Trump announced that he was taking daily doses of hydroxychloroquine to protect himself from CV19.

A drug he'd long touted as a potential coronavirus cure even as medical experts and the US Food and Drug Administration question its efficacy and warn of potentially harmful side effects.

The medical experts were correct.

Ther is a risk of cardiac arrhythmias with repeated dosing of hydroxychloroquine. My guess is he long stopped taking it. Anyway, I'm yet to be persuaded this isn't fake news.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whatever peoples thoughts about him as a president, he's an over 70 with Coronavirus so i hope he gets well soon.

I'm taking the fifth.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hope you are right!

My concern is that we have gone from a relatively clear situation, with polls largely staying steady (if anything moving against Trump post debate), most people having made up their minds and Trump likely to lose. To a completely unpredictable situation where it feels like almost anything could now happen.

Sit back and watch the sh*tshow continue to unfold I guess. With a kind of grim fascination.

Yeah it's chaos, and whilst I'm sure Trump doesn't want COVID, the situation being chaotic leading up to the election definitely suits him better than Biden right now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
along lines of a setup to avoid debates, there's also an angle he comes away with no symptoms, isnt he strong/the virus is a hoax dual narratives to be peddled.

isnt it sad we assume the worst of a national leader. :down:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
No it's not. Where is the line to be drawn on sympathy ? Let's take the president of Belarus - a vicious murdering dictator - should we wish him a speedy recovery if he gets it ? Lets not forget that Trump's inaction has caused thousands of unnecessary deaths. Lets then throw in the early deaths of the poorest Americans once he revokes Obamacare. How many Americans does he have to kill before it's alright to not provide sympathy to him and wish him a speedy recovery ?

EDIT - and it's very amusing how that anti-malaria drug he was pushing ( for his own financial gain ) doesn't seem to have prevented him from getting the virus. Strange that.

American deaths per capita are almost half that of Belgium and far less than the U.K., Sweden, Italy , Spain and others, yet you mention Trump in the same paragraph as a vicious, murdering dictator. I'm not saying I agree with everything he says and does, far from it, but the nastiness on this thread, although fully expected, is shameful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports