Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
While I’m not a fan of trump in any way , I wouldnt wish him harm with Covid in the same way I wouldn’t wish corbyn harm although I dislike him almost as much although I agree Trump is worse .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
:ffsparr:. Plumbing new depths........

No it's not. Where is the line to be drawn on sympathy ? Let's take the president of Belarus - a vicious murdering dictator - should we wish him a speedy recovery if he gets it ? Lets not forget that Trump's inaction has caused thousands of unnecessary deaths. Lets then throw in the early deaths of the poorest Americans once he revokes Obamacare. How many Americans does he have to kill before it's alright to not provide sympathy to him and wish him a speedy recovery ?

EDIT - and it's very amusing how that anti-malaria drug he was pushing ( for his own financial gain ) doesn't seem to have prevented him from getting the virus. Strange that.

Last edited:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I'm seeing the concept of 'karma' getting thrown around a lot this morning. Now, I don't know if I believe in karma or not, but nevertheless there's something slightly uncomfortable about wishing someone severe illness or death from a virus, when that same virus is currently circulating all around me. And my kids, and my wife, and my mum and dad.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To NSC’ers covert Trump lovers creeping out of the woodwork, now hypersensitive that he doesn’t have our unwavering sympathy ... WATCH THIS VIDEO.

Predictably Trump mocked a political rival with a very serious illness.

He is a horrible human being without an ounce of empathy in his body.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris. Bolsonaro and Trump the pattern continues, all have been wreckless

A lesson to us all

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm seeing the concept of 'karma' getting thrown around a lot this morning. Now, I don't know if I believe in karma or not, but nevertheless there's something slightly uncomfortable about wishing someone severe illness or death from a virus, when that same virus is currently circulating all around me. And my kids, and my wife, and my mum and dad.

Whilst I personally do not wish him ill, there is no sense of Karma here. Trump has wilfully treated the virus with contempt and invited the infection. This is not an unfortunate circumstance it is the inevitable result of consistently ignoring and disparaging the advice to avoid Covid. There is now a real possibility that he may have infected someone else through his reckless actions.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Don’t think it’s that bad bud . It’s already serious for all of us I’m losing my business. The crap that he has spouted about this “China Virus “ dont help either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doogie I'm sorry you are losing your business my friend, and I hope things do eventually turn out for the better for you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I hope he makes a full recovery.

Only to see his entire world collapse around him. Something to do with Chickens and roosting...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Be interesting to see if the rumours of drug abuse / Adderall addiction are true. If so, and a man of his size likely to get it bad if symptoms do occur

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry Doogie not called for.

The positive testing aside this is serious for all of us, as it could lay a pathway to some kind of Civil War in America, if there is any question mark over the election, be it taking place or the eventual result?[/QUOTE]

Very much this, I'm not a lover of the man but the implications for the election and for the USA are huge if he is debilitated or dies within the next few weeks. The US is already a hotbed of anger, blame, suspicion and conspiracy theories. Anything could happen.

I met a guy in the lounge at LA airport some years ago, and he was of the opinion the gun control issue was never resolved in the US because of the day coming when sections of society would be called to arms, at the time I put it down to the free bar, but unfortunately I think there might be something in what he said.

He also stated that the 2nd Civil war would be decided by which side the Hispanics chose to fight with, maybe it wasn't the Corona maybe he was just mad?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I am no fan of Trump but I am astonished this hasn’t been ‘Bear Pitted’ yet, maybe the the non right wing types get a higher vitriol allowance?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As with so many things, it seems we've had to retreat to the polar opposites. Either wishing that he dies / gets seriously ill, or being outraged that people are doing anything other than fawning and cooing over him.

Personally, I think it was only a matter of time given his blasé attitude to this thing, and it's amazing he hasn't got it earlier. I don't wish him, or indeed anyone, to get seriously ill or die as a result of anything, but I have very, very little sympathy for him. He has, after all, access personally to some of the finest healthcare around, something he wasn't prepared to extend to many of those nominally in his care.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unfortunately that would mean:

1. Mike Pence (potentially even worse than Trump - a proper full on nutjob - and more likely than Trump to win from here) takes over
2. Possible sympathy vote to republicans, and much harder for democrats to use Trump as main attack target in election
3. possibly delayed election, giving time to turn polls round

The reality was that Trump was heading for a highly likely defeat. Now, one way or another, he isn't.
It wasn't the hard right policies that were turning people against the republicans. It was Trump. And they knew it.

I don't think he'd be more likely to win. They may gain back some moderate Republicans but they'd lose an absolute shit tonne of MAGAs who never previously cared about voting before Trump, and won't afterwards either.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

If it helps, there is no evidence for any such thing as karma and whatever anyone wishes or prays for will also have no impact at all on the situation. Humans are hardwired to look for patterns and therefore imagine that they are far more important than they are. They want to believe that they are able to influence things that are completely outside of their control. In situations like this one, they then argue with other humans about what is right and wrong to be wishing for, despite the fact that all of the wishes on both sides have absolutely no impact at all and are utterly futile. It just makes those wishing feel more able to cope with the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here