Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

🙄

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In fairness, that could be a perfectly innocent tweet. Perhaps they were in a restaurant and had ordered the BBQ ribs?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How about an attack on students in Birmingham, during which he and his feral cohorts repeatedly kicked one in the head whilst he lay injured on the ground? For which he received a jail sentence.

I wouldn’t want to hang out with him because he inflicts life-threatening damage to people. My sympathies are with the victims of his thuggery.
Well, given my somewhat naïve (it now seems) attempts to consider the potential shown by Joey Barton (till the latest Trumpesque meltdown).....I may have cut Deeney too much slack. Who knows? Time will tell.

In the meantime, are you putting a petition together to get Deeney removed from the radio by any chance (his podcasts with little Jermaine are (presumably disgracefully) being broadcast on radio 5 each week). Should he not be burned? Or is laughing at him losing his job on a BHA forum sufficient? I can never judge where the line of public opprobrium should be drawn. Nor, apparently, the line of charity.

And heaven forefend the notion of rehabilitation. But as I said, my optimism for Barton was evidently misplaced, so perhaps building a Deeney-shaped chute from on high into the sea is, in fact, right and proper. I'm a poor judge of these things.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well, given my somewhat naïve (it now seems) attempts to consider the potential shown by Joey Barton (till the latest Trumpesque meltdown).....I may have cut Deeney too much slack. Who knows? Time will tell.

In the meantime, are you putting a petition together to get Deeney removed from the radio by any chance (his podcasts with little Jermaine are (presumably disgracefully) being broadcast on radio 5 each week). Should he not be burned? Or is laughing at him losing his job on a BHA forum sufficient? I can never judge where the line of public opprobrium should be drawn. Nor, apparently, the line of charity.

And heaven forefend the notion of rehabilitation. But as I said, my optimism for Barton was evidently misplaced, so perhaps building a Deeney-shaped chute from on high into the sea is, in fact, right and proper. I'm a poor judge of these things.
He’s a horrible bully. Like Barton.

Won’t get another managers job in England I doubt

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I heard an interview with him on R5 a couple of years back and he came across as genuinely remorseful for the terrible things he was involved in earlier in his life.

Maybe I'm a sucker for a redemption story.

Seemed to have turned a corner to me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s a horrible bully. Like Barton.

Won’t get another managers job in England I doubt
Fair enough.

Probably needs to be binned off by the BBC too, then.

He's also been doing some punditry on the EFL show. That needs to stop too.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Be interesting to know how many of the NSC no redemption pitchfork brigade lacked a father figure growing up, had a dad who was more in than out of prison like Deeney’s was? Doesn’t excuse his actions in any way but helps explain the man to an extent.
True. Maybe at heart he’s just a Cheeky Monkey?

What do you think?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why has “woke” eco warrior Dale Vince now hired Duncan “Disorderly” Ferguson and convicted violent jailbird Troy Deeney in less than two years ???
Perhaps he believes (believed) in rehabilitation?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We can also thank him for Ulloa moving to Leicester as they wanted Deeney however he flatly refused to leave Watford.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Good point, except he's been an utter bellend for the 13 years SINCE.

I hadn't been paying attention to any of his career or bellendery. I only heard an interview where he came across as mortified about his past ... so hoped for the best for him.

I can't be arsed to pour over his history but accept your criticism as yet another indication that my optimism for humanity is utterly misguided.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The only thing I really care about in all of this is that I hope Teddy Jenks continues his professional career. Either with FGR or a better team.

Hopefully a better team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Woke, if I have grasped the concept more or less aright, is about tolerance, acceptance of all branches and beliefs of human existence, human rights for all, including prisoners and ex-prisoners (who were probably victims of a right wing reactionary state kept in power by right wind reactionary people anyway) - certainly not the sort of never forgive, never forget, judgemental people that woke is supposed to transcend. Lot of people struggling to live up to their woke ideals tonight, it seems!

FWIW I think he's probably a bit of a sh*t too - but then again, I've never been accused of being woke! Puts head down and heads for the hills (or in this case, for sleep!)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here