20/12/23 - appointed manager of Forest Green Rovers
22/12/23 - FGR 0 - 0 Gillingham
26/12/23 - Newport County 4 - 2 FGR
29/12/23 - Swindon 2 - 1 FGR
29/12/23 - sent off in the above defeat
1/1/24 - FGR 1 - 1 AFC Wimbledon
6/1/24 - Salford 2 - 2 FGR
13/1/24 - FGR 0 - 2 Harrogate
13/1/24 - after the above defeat said there were "too many babies" in his squad, and "The first half was boring and I would have preferred to watch Antiques Roadshow, no offence to anyone who likes Antiques Roadshow."
16/1/24 - apologies for criticising his players
18/1/24 - given a four-match touchline ban for his sending off against Swindon
18/1/24 - sacked after no wins in 6 with FGR bottom of League Two and seven points from safety

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That’s a shame. I like TD.

Jimmy Grimble

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was playing for them before he became manager then didn’t select himself - so is he still a player there or completely left? Strange one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
20/12/23 - appointed manager of Forest Green Rovers
22/12/23 - FGR 0 - 0 Gillingham
26/12/23 - Newport County 4 - 2 FGR
29/12/23 - Swindon 2 - 1 FGR
29/12/23 - sent off in the above defeat
1/1/24 - FGR 1 - 1 AFC Wimbledon
6/1/24 - Salford 2 - 2 FGR
13/1/24 - FGR 0 - 2 Harrogate
13/1/24 - after the above defeat said there were "too many babies" in his squad, and "The first half was boring and I would have preferred to watch Antiques Roadshow, no offence to anyone who likes Antiques Roadshow."
16/1/24 - apologies for criticising his players
18/1/24 - given a four-match touchline ban for his sending off against Swindon
18/1/24 - sacked after no wins in 6 with FGR bottom of League Two and seven points from safety
So?

FGR are the new Watford. See under, 'Duncan Ferguson', 'David Horseman', 'Hannah Dingey', 'Ian Burchnall'. Troy Deeney done any worse?

Not really!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why has “woke” eco warrior Dale Vince now hired Duncan “Disorderly” Ferguson and convicted violent jailbird Troy Deeney in less than two years ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So?

FGR are the new Watford. See under, 'Duncan Ferguson', 'David Horseman', 'Hannah Dingey', 'Ian Burchnall'. Troy Deeney done any worse?

Not really!
Deeney is a survivor (with a great deal to survive from). Your point about the mess that is FGR is very fair. I can think of better targets for vilification and mockery.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, Troy Deeney is the sort of person I’d employ just so I could sack them.
What's he done warrant that? Maybe listen to the podcasts he does with Jermain Defoe? I wouldn't want to hang out with him because he's so brittle, but there are plenty of reasons for that. :shrug:

Jimmy Grimble

Absolutely that one. So, can never be rehabilitated or trusted again. :shrug: Seems fair enough........
I’ll reserve my judgment on liking someone if they’ve kicked a defenceless person in the head, regardless of potential rehabilitation. Takes a special kind of scum to do that to someone.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What's he done warrant that? Maybe listen to the podcasts he does with Jermain Defoe? I wouldn't want to hang out with him because he's so brittle, but there are plenty of reasons for that. :shrug:
How about an attack on students in Birmingham, during which he and his feral cohorts repeatedly kicked one in the head whilst he lay injured on the ground? For which he received a jail sentence.

I wouldn’t want to hang out with him because he inflicts life-threatening damage to people. My sympathies are with the victims of his thuggery.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why has “woke” eco warrior Dale Vince now hired Duncan “Disorderly” Ferguson and convicted violent jailbird Troy Deeney in less than two years ???
Six managers in less than three years …and that’s not including the woman appointed as interim (I’m sure this wasn’t explained originally) coach

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ll reserve my judgment on liking someone if they’ve kicked a defenceless person in the head, regardless of potential rehabilitation. Takes a special kind of scum to do that to someone.
This. The bloke’s a violent wrong ‘un.

Vince seems to be convinced he can rehabilitate violent offenders with a job and some nice vegan soup.

The way Deeney talked about Fankaty Dabo is reprehensible. You’re a coach. Coach the guy back to better, don’t sell him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here