Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trouble Sunday between fans

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I used to go to a lot of away games. The closest I saw in the last 25 years was at Cheaterfraud and Ninian Park, but on both occasions it was one twat with his mates randomly punching (i) someone with their kid then running away (ii) someone wearing a Brighton shirt (what they call, in Cardiff a 'scarfer', and apparently it was considered inappropriate to hit a 'scarfer', according to an apologetic Cardiff chap who came on NSC, wringing his tiny hands) then running away. But that is hardly 'real disorder'.

There was a planned meeting between chaps of Brighton and Palace at a major station in London 10 or so years ago, but I am not aware that the planning came to fruition.

Also my old school mate Neil had an altercation at Southend, but I seem to recall that he violently assaulted a bin, and I'm not sure that counts.

Someone posted that PPF and his gang of hitler youth were in combat mode at the famous great escape match, owing to a certain discontent among some Hereford youth that apparently required 'sorting', but the thought of someone, probably well into his 30s by then, and a gaggle of spotty teenagers, wind-milling, fills me more with pity than much else.

I don't recall dozens of yoof running about in 1970s stylee, with more engagement than simply variations of the 'hold me back' dance since, er the 1970s (but I missed the 80s and early 90s owing to being otherwise engaged/employed or overseas).

Was it all a myth? If only we had a committed participant here to explain it all to us.
That meet was after the Wolves away game we came across some knuckle dragging Palace at Victoria one palace guy with his wife and kid in tow was literally foaming at the mouth, his wife held him back on that occasion 🤣

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I used to go to a lot of away games. The closest I saw in the last 25 years was at Cheaterfraud and Ninian Park, but on both occasions it was one twat with his mates randomly punching (i) someone with their kid then running away (ii) someone wearing a Brighton shirt (what they call, in Cardiff a 'scarfer', and apparently it was considered inappropriate to hit a 'scarfer', according to an apologetic Cardiff chap who came on NSC, wringing his tiny hands) then running away. But that is hardly 'real disorder'.

There was a planned meeting between chaps of Brighton and Palace at a major station in London 10 or so years ago, but I am not aware that the planning came to fruition.

Also my old school mate Neil had an altercation at Southend, but I seem to recall that he violently assaulted a bin, and I'm not sure that counts.

Someone posted that PPF and his gang of hitler youth were in combat mode at the famous great escape match, owing to a certain discontent among some Hereford youth that apparently required 'sorting', but the thought of someone, probably well into his 30s by then, and a gaggle of spotty teenagers, wind-milling, fills me more with pity than much else.

I don't recall dozens of yoof running about in 1970s stylee, with more engagement than simply variations of the 'hold me back' dance since, er the 1970s (but I missed the 80s and early 90s owing to being otherwise engaged/employed or overseas).

Was it all a myth? If only we had a committed participant here to explain it all to us.
Much later than the 70s, Harry, trips to places like Cardiff, Leeds and Millwall have retained the ability to be, ahem, scary. Cardiff has been foul until recent years, but not as bad as the 70s and 80s, when I was happy to leave in one piece. Anyone remember the Seagulls Special being attacked there? 1978 or 9?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Much later than the 70s, Harry, trips to places like Cardiff, Leeds and Millwall have retained the ability to be, ahem, scary. Cardiff has been foul until recent years, but not as bad as the 70s and 80s, when I was happy to leave in one piece. Anyone remember the Seagulls Special being attacked there? 1978 or 9?
There is a huge difference between scary and a proper punch up. I say this as a determined avoider of punch ups. I think we are in agreement that things have changed for the better. (y)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Remember a little to do just outside Victoria in 83 when some Mancs decided to throw bottles and glasses. Got chased off but the police dogs had a field day in their quest for blood

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That could be 2012 @ Kings Cross, there is a video on YouTube somewhere (to be honest, I thought it was earlier maybe when I still lived near there 2008 or 2009, but it says 2012 on the video) Palace were in the that shitty football pub (I think it gone now, Kings Cross has become gentrified) at the bottom of Caledonian Road, near the Scala. Went on for a while and Palace did take a battering to be honest, until the police turned up.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I’ve watched Brighton since 1988 and been to a lot is away games over the years. All that comes to mind is Canvey Island and Pompey at the Goldstone, both in the FA Cup. I don’t think qualify as ‘real disorder’.
Crawley in FA Cup at Goldstone some disorder there though more 'crowd'(ing) control perhaps

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That could be 2012 @ Kings Cross, there is a video on YouTube somewhere (to be honest, I thought it was earlier maybe when I still lived near there 2008 or 2009, but it says 2012 on the video) Palace were in the that shitty football pub (I think it gone now, Kings Cross has become gentrified) at the bottom of Caledonian Road, near the Scala. Went on for a while and Palace did take a battering to be honest, until the police turned up.
The Flying Scotsman (pounds in a pint glass)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
2013 so close enough

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was a very different world back then; I know some people on here miss the "good old days" when getting punched in the mouth while wearing an expensive golf sweater was all part of the football experience, but those days are long gone. Remembering some of stuff I saw and was involved in I have to question the sanity of anyone who is sentimental about it...
Not sure that is aimed at me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here