[Albion] Trouble Sunday between fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sum topp boyz ouut fir trubbble if thare fanns giv itt sum lipp no OB to spoyl the funn as ushuual

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
And, bizarrely, in 91 against Notts County.

My then girlfriend was a bit anxious about supposed football hooligans. I reassured her there wouldn't be any trouble and there was no real history between the two sets of fans, so she came along too.

After the miserable defeat, whilst we were sitting in the car in the main Wembley car park waiting to get away, it kicked off all around. One County fan got thrown and slid, Starsky and Hutch style, right across the bonnet of our car.
Hardly the height of hooliganism, but I got called seaside shit by a County fan. Given that I was only 10 years old it seemed a bit harsh.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
It got me thinking if we played Pal@rce there how would you police that? Definately not same day as Marathon for sure.
Palace and Brighton don't have a huge number of violent fans; I'm sure there would be some sporadic disorder but nothing too bad compared to for e.g. if Leeds V Man U, or Spurs v Chelsea.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sum topp boyz ouut fir trubbble if thare fanns giv itt sum lipp no OB to spoyl the funn as ushuual
I remember pulling you up for making this same joke for about 5 years, about a decade ago.

Good work.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ok it was a wind up by colleagues asking where Im heading for a punch up Sunday but on reflection do you think there's much rivalry? If it were Chelski, Westhamlet or Pal@rse of course it could be different. Manure will descend on Wembley from all directions but there should be an army of blue and white travelling from central London to Wembley.
You're that die-hard tory voter, aren't you?

Fancy that. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

My then girlfriend was a bit anxious about supposed football hooligans. I reassured her there wouldn't be any trouble and there was no real history between the two sets of fans, so she came along too.

After the miserable defeat, whilst we were sitting in the car in the main Wembley car park waiting to get away, it kicked off all around. One County fan got thrown and slid, Starsky and Hutch style, right across the bonnet of our car.
You're older than I thought.

Still if it had been me, my first thought would have been 'Danger Man'. :lolol:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Plenty of trouble in the Wembley car park in 83.

and there was me just thinking "I never saw any trouble in 1983 - just the opposite in fact" :bloom:
From what I remember the 1st final was ok., didn't see any trouble - but the replay was something different entirely. For a start there were so many red fans there because not a lot of corporate takers. It seemed double the reds against our blue, or more. Walking back down Wembley way after the game I was with about ten mates when we were jumped by about 60-70 Manu fans and as the crowds were coming down Wembley way more and more fans from both sides were joining in. When I got back to Victoria station we all had various cuts and bruises, holding hankies to bloody mouths and noses. I'm sure we were not the only ones.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

When we went 3-0 down, some geezers behind me, got all angry and declared they were leaving and going to wait for County fans when they come out, why they left early baffled me, as surly County fans stayed and celebrated quite a while after all our fans buggered off.
about a month after the final I bumped into my old geography teacher, he came up to me and thanked me, shaking my hand, as his father in law was a county fan and had got a few smacks and had a black eye as a result of Albion fans that day.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Do you remember the WEMBLEY sign Big Nick pinched. It was 20 ft long and we had to bend it to get it on the coach.
Oh the good old days Ian.
I remember seeing him with that as he made his way to the coach. One of my stand-out memories from that day!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
From what I remember the 1st final was ok., didn't see any trouble - but the replay was something different entirely. For a start there were so many red fans there because not a lot of corporate takers. It seemed double the reds against our blue, or more. Walking back down Wembley way after the game I was with about ten mates when we were jumped by about 60-70 Manu fans and as the crowds were coming down Wembley way more and more fans from both sides were joining in. When I got back to Victoria station we all had various cuts and bruises, holding hankies to bloody mouths and noses. I'm sure we were not the only ones.
It wasn’t all one way trust me though origigull

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
As most Utd fans in our end will be guests of Brighton fans please treat them nicely and pick a low wall to lob them over, it's 2023 not 1983

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Seem to remember some unpleasant bits and pieces after the Man City semi final, and to be honest all of the idiots I saw seemed to be our idiots.

It didn't make me particularly proud to be a BHA fan if I'm honest. I wouldn't call it widespread, or old-school hooliganism, though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seem to remember some unpleasant bits and pieces after the Man City semi final, and to be honest all of the idiots I saw seemed to be our idiots.

It didn't make me particularly proud to be a BHA fan if I'm honest. I wouldn't call it widespread, or old-school hooliganism, though.
There was a few bits of aggro after the game as we were exiting but not exactly any scenes from Headhunters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m seriously worried for my wife and kids, who are coming up from Winchester. Due to engineering works, they’re having to drive to Woking and pick up a train from there. This is clearly Man Utd heartland, with places like Guildford etc all using the same line.

There could be genuine middle class carnage, with disagreements over the last soy latte from the onboard buffet trolley likely to blow into full-blown “I’m calling my friend Jeremy who’s a solicitor” threats amid rival fans.
Manchester United, Eton Rifles Branch. They'll slay you with their articulate understanding and four syllable vocabulary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports