Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trouble At West Ham Match In The Netherlands

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bill Gardner? Ran the Inter-City firm.
Really ? Leads a quiet life these days. Obviously comes out for special occasions. Not sure it's him.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Through friends of friends I know a Utrecht hooligan. Lovely middle class guy with a white collar job that enjoys fisticuffs at the weekend. He comes over to hang out with Millwall F Troop (or whatever they’re called) 3 or 4 times a season. Dutch, and also French, hooliganism is going strong. Much more so than in the UK that’s for sure.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The Dutch disease.

There was fighting in Alkmaar itself. On Sunday Groeningan v Ajax was called off when the home team’s ultras threw enormous amounts of fireworks on the pitch. And many games have been played without away fans. If that was England we’d have a long ban from Europe
Ultra type hooliganism is all about fireworks and banging drums, and seems to involve a lot of runty skinny types. When England or English teams have been banned it's always been because of serious actual violence.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
How to turn yourselves into a complete laughing stock. Any other Dutch team will look at that and think ‘just need to bring me grandad’.
BZ to the big bloke, “none shall pass”.

Last edited:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Its a sad state of affairs in some Euro games. Policing is quite different. It looked like there were a few thousand WHU fans there but the home fans went for the few WHU fans in the hospitality section. I have never known players get heavily involved in scenes like this. Unprecidented. Im no WHU fan but its good for English football they have made the final and shows what we could also potentially achieve. Just hopefully without these shameful scenes.
It's impossible to disagree with you, disgraceful scenes indeed.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

"Flynn Downes, West Ham’s young midfielder, briefly succeeded in doing so. After leaping over a pitchside barrier, the 24-year-old could be seen swinging his fists towards a group of black-shirted assailants, before he was dragged away.

Said Benrahma and Michail Antonio also charged in, while others – including Lucas Paqueta and Aaron Cresswell – were forcibly held back by stewards and officials."

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Described quite well how some simple policing could have avoided this. Bit of a clue Dutch police a mob of hooded people all together moving towards the one gate they needed to break down to get at the WHU families. One thing I think we might all agree on despite past policing errors generally the policing at football in this country has improved over the years with CCTV intelligence and so on and I cannot see that this would have happened at an English ground, for example at the Amex the policing would have picked this up for sure.

I’m gonna stick my neck out and suggest there aren’t any bottle top restrictions in The Netherlands

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Through friends of friends I know a Utrecht hooligan. Lovely middle class guy with a white collar job that enjoys fisticuffs at the weekend. He comes over to hang out with Millwall F Troop (or whatever they’re called) 3 or 4 times a season. Dutch, and also French, hooliganism is going strong. Much more so than in the UK that’s for sure.
Utrecht being one of the few places in the Netherlands I've been to, I can't emphasise enough how stupid this guy sounds.
It's like being told Inspector Morse likes to get into punch ups in his spare time.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

"Flynn Downes, West Ham’s young midfielder, briefly succeeded in doing so. After leaping over a pitchside barrier, the 24-year-old could be seen swinging his fists towards a group of black-shirted assailants, before he was dragged away.

Said Benrahma and Michail Antonio also charged in, while others – including Lucas Paqueta and Aaron Cresswell – were forcibly held back by stewards and officials."

GB News presenter classic.

Probably looking for a woke bun fight himself and finding that everybody is saying the West Ham fan did a top job on them. Can't find anyone, so just goes on a repetitive rant.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Ultra type hooliganism is all about fireworks and banging drums, and seems to involve a lot of runty skinny types. When England or English teams have been banned it's always been because of serious actual violence.
Not true at all - there's been a lot of trouble from Dutch and also French fans in recent seasond in Europe and in their domestic leagues that has absolutely been serious actual violence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here