Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trouble At West Ham Match In The Netherlands

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks pretty nasty out there as AZ twats attack West Ham section. I deplore violence at games, but fair play to the big fella whom none shall pass.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
This what concerns me if we do make europe we could end up in some Bulgarian backwater getting attacked

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Its a sad state of affairs in some Euro games. Policing is quite different. It looked like there were a few thousand WHU fans there but the home fans went for the few WHU fans in the hospitality section. I have never known players get heavily involved in scenes like this. Unprecidented. Im no WHU fan but its good for English football they have made the final and shows what we could also potentially achieve. Just hopefully without these shameful scenes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Those in glass houses etc…

According to the BBC

“During last week's first leg at London Stadium, family members of AZ players had been involved in a confrontation with West Ham fans”

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Looks pretty nasty out there as AZ twats attack West Ham section. I deplore violence at games, but fair play to the big fella whom none shall pass.

Is that fella in the green this guy ?
most of them fans are under 18 and run off anyway, no more threatening than Palace ultras.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Its a sad state of affairs in some Euro games. Policing is quite different. It looked like there were a few thousand WHU fans there but the home fans went for the few WHU fans in the hospitality section. I have never known players get heavily involved in scenes like this. Unprecidented. Im no WHU fan but its good for English football they have made the final and shows what we could also potentially achieve. Just hopefully without these shameful scenes.

They attacked the section with the players friends and family in it. Most of the other West Ham fans were at another side of the stadium.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Dutch disease.

There was fighting in Alkmaar itself. On Sunday Groeningan v Ajax was called off when the home team’s ultras threw enormous amounts of fireworks on the pitch. And many games have been played without away fans. If that was England we’d have a long ban from Europe

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cant imagine how it got that far. police and stewards no where, even avoiding getting involved, until some players turn up. is this a cause, overly liberal policing?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Is that fella in the green this guy ?
most of them fans are under 18 and run off anyway, no more threatening than Palace ultras.

He looks and sounds like I imagine every West Ham fan does

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This to me is the rarely mentioned ugly side of the “ultras” thing some people have sought to glamourise in recent years

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

According to the BBC

“During last week's first leg at London Stadium, family members of AZ players had been involved in a confrontation with West Ham fans”
See, there is absolutely is only eyewitness accounts from a few AZ fans who were offered to go to the away end to stop the trouble but they refused. Nothing physical happened at all.

This year especially has been a huge problem in Dutch football and it's creeping in to F1 too. The main issue being the KNVB (Dutch FA), the municipalities and local police don't want to take the responsibility, so banning orders are rarely enforced. Currently, every away game is a 'bubble match' but that doesn't stop the trouble in the stands. When there is free travel to an away game like West Ham have had in Alkmaar, all these wannabes who heard their father's stories want to re-enact them.

I have a season ticket at FC Utrecht and almost every game is stopped temporarily due to beers been thrown onto the pitch or some other bollocks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

According to the BBC

This was reported in the press last week. I guess AZ wanted to get their own back? I don’t condone this btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here