Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble at the FA Cup Semi...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Chelsea hoolies were to blame were they? Utter scollobs. I seem to recall that Liverpool fans tried that excuse at Heysel too.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I will just pick you up on racist. Millwall fans have friends and family who are black and other races. There really is more true racism at Brighton than Millwall. If you want to then look at the Luton riot and see how many of the "racist hooligans" were black. Millwall never recovered from Not the 9 o clock news and various other media portrayed image. They are compared to us a small club amd the press enjoy selling newspapers on an image. Yes, I know there is racist chanting at Millwall but also look at the Brightonv Millwall play off game video from the goldstone and you will notice something about the Millwall crowd - they have black fans. All Im asking is fairness and if you have followed Brighton away then you will know the sort of trouble that Brighton cause.

More true racism at Brighton than Millwall, really? Did you really just type that?

Your argument is based on an event in Luton that took place 28 years ago and a Brighton v Millwall game almost as long ago and the fact that some Millwall fans have friends that are black or of 'other races'!!! well that's me convinced.

Did you not see the recent TV undercover footage taken at a Millwall match showing disgusting racist chanting and behaviour, ignored and smirked at by those not directly involved effectively acquiescing to the behaviour.

Oh and so far, 10 arrests at Wembley of MILLWALL fans for what went on. Must all be wrongful arrests then because they aren't to blame are they.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it's just the case that Millwall really are a different breed to the rest of us. They have more complete animals in their support than anyone else. Not really sure why.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone and everyone knows that rival firms fight outside the ground. Why would Chelsea hoolies waste good money when they could just arrange to have the Millwall mob at Victoria?

Feb 14, 2010
More true racism at Brighton than Millwall, really? Did you really just type that?

Your argument is based on an event in Luton that took place 28 years ago and a Brighton v Millwall game almost as long ago and the fact that some Millwall fans have friends that are black one of 'other races'!!! well that's me convinced.

Did you not see the recent TV undercover footage taken at a Millwall match showing disgusting racist chanting and behaviour, ignored and smirked at by those not directly involved effectively acquiescing to the behaviour.

Oh and so far, 10 arrests at Wembley of MILLWALL fans for what went on. Must all be wrongful arrests then because they aren't to blame are they.

1. I have said if it is true that west ham were there. Please note the if but yes I do think it likely that this was organised hoolies.
2. I have heard racism at Brighton, have confronted someone who was racist at Brighton and was also at the last game at the Soldstone when someone threw a banana. It was not covered by the press. Racism at Brighton is also there because there are less ethnic minrities in Brighton. At Millwall yes they overtly chant but then go to school and the pub with people of other races.
3. Millwall is a story and the press will have gone for a trouble story. There was trouble at Spurs v Chelsea at Wembley recently. I know, a friend was there. No press coverage at all.
4. I am not condoning trouble but just asking for fairness. If west ham fans have caused trouble, it is an if, but if they have then they are to blame as well

Feb 14, 2010
And you argue with references to incidents 30 or more years ago. That is a reflection on you and your ridiculous username.

West ham trouble at west ham was last season, spurs was last season or season before pre season friendly, southend was two seasons ago, leeds was one or two seasons ago but carry on?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
1. I have said if it is true that west ham were there. Please note the if but yes I do think it likely that this was organised hoolies.
2. I have heard racism at Brighton, have confronted someone who was racist at Brighton and was also at the last game at the Soldstone when someone threw a banana. It was not covered by the press. Racism at Brighton is also there because there are less ethnic minrities in Brighton. At Millwall yes they overtly chant but then go to school and the pub with people of other races.
3. Millwall is a story and the press will have gone for a trouble story. There was trouble at Spurs v Chelsea at Wembley recently. I know, a friend was there. No press coverage at all.
4. I am not condoning trouble but just asking for fairness. If west ham fans have caused trouble, it is an if, but if they have then they are to blame as well

'Other races'! Christ are you stuck in 1979? Have a quick look around the room you are in, somewhere there will be a large rock, crawl back under it eh?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Please see my earlier post.Anyone can move about inside Wembley if they make the effort.You comments about Millwall selling tickets to all and sundry on the open market MAY be wide of the mark.
I am not claiming it was other clubs teams,I don't know, but even if it was Wet Spam or Chelsea no one can expect those clubs to be punished,even if true...how could they be expected to be responsible for their so called fans? They had nothing to do with ticket sales so how can they be expected to be accountable for them.
If it is true,only the F.A. are responsible.

According to two seperate M/wall ST Holders - who spoke about it tonight on the radio - everyone with a Season Ticket could buy a ticket for the semi-final & TWO for others who wanted to go. After that, all the remaining tickets (and there were many thousands left) went on general sale. Wigan only sold tickets to those on their data-base and consequently only sold 20 thousand. The rest were sent back,

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I read an interview with a Millwall fan and he said that, rightly or wrongly, they see themselves as the last working class club in London. We call them scum - they really don't care. They regard us (the wider football fraternity) as sell-outs.

I do kind of see where they're coming from. I don't condone the violence but I guess they see this as part and parcel of old-school footie. And before we are all quick to condemn, the footie violence threads here ALWAYS attract the most views and responses. There is something that a lot of us find fascinating about it.

And I expect to get absolutely shot down for this post.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes he was, a millwall fan in the millwall end sat near the trouble. He was on radio 5 live. If it is true then how would you punish west ham and chelsea? I seem to recall a spot of bother in our end in the 1983 cup final as well

Trouble in our end in '83? Yes, it happened, it has no relevance, African or Indian, in today's football.

Any chance you could debate something of relevance to today's game?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The New Den is one ground I refuse to visit again, horrid place especially when you win...

Thing is, it is 15 year olds trying to live up to old standards. I went to the Den this season and it was kids. It really is so in the past it's incredible to see it. They chant that no-one likes them, they haven't got it wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here