Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard can become Potter's skeleton key at Brighton

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
When you look back and realise that we had Murray, Andone, Locadia, Ali J, Knockeart, March, Gross, Izquierdo (albeit not last season) you do wonder how the F&ck did we only score 35 odd goals last season!
Now add Trossard to the mix plus another Striker in the Murray mold (but quicker) hopefully getting signed up then surely you have to feel a little bit more optimistic this coming season that we'll see more goals.

The tactics completely stifled their/our creativity. It'll be really interesting to see if any of those written off last season - Ali J, Locadia, March to an extent - come into their own this coming season with more favourable tactics to suit their skillset...

Gulliver

Nov 21, 2015
Molumby the saviour?

Lack of midfield pace in general, little centre midfield creativity and tactics built on an excellent defence.

Molumbys heat map from the recent Tournament in Toulon is impressive. Covered every patch of grass & had serious sprints. Serious talent but pushing on now so needs to move off for 1st team game time.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The tactics completely stifled their/our creativity. It'll be really interesting to see if any of those written off last season - Ali J, Locadia, March to an extent - come into their own this coming season with more favourable tactics to suit their skillset...

I so hope you are correct but whilst I think this is true to m extent . These players played enough minutes and (at times we did get on the front foot ) to do more . Tactics don’t account for failure to control , to pass , to tackle , to shoot straight , to make the right pass etc. ( I’m mainly thinking AJ and locadia less so here )

The optimists have all said it will all be fine and it was all the tactics fault .

The slate is clean for everyone so let’s hope that’s correct !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here