Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tried & Tested.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
4-3-3 wasn't working, so no great harm in being sturdy and Gross being allowed to float. The main difference will be in our Properlessness, which on recent form will be a blessing, i think.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tried & Tested.

Proof will be in the pudding as they say....if we get a result then who cares what team he picks ...anything else will just be regurgitating the last few weeks of posts

Only those who mix their metaphors.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

It does highlight that the new recruits this year really haven’t delivered what was expected of them - or the recruitment team didn’t get what Chris wanted. There’s really none of them who has really claimed the shirt.

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think we should play today's strong wind up front. It's possibly the best bet we'll have of getting the ball in the back of the net.... :glare:

wind.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly.

It won't be down to how well Newcastle play - that will be considered irrelevant.
It won't be down to how well our players play on the day.
It won't be down to a bit of luck here and there.
It won't be down to referee decisions, oh no.

Our result today will be 100% down to Hughton - the team he picks and how negative he tells them to be. Nothing else. And once we know the result, we can praise or castigate, as appropriate.

Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't from some posters.
Even if we win and stay up, they'll be ready to post - it's only papering over the cracks.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Even if we win and stay up, they'll be ready to post - it's only papering over the cracks.

Indeed. I was speaking to someone last night who said sack him if we stay up, keep him if we go down. :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
4-3-3 wasn't working, so no great harm in being sturdy and Gross being allowed to float. The main difference will be in our Properlessness, which on recent form will be a blessing, i think.

We're not playing 433 though. We have one up front. It's 451 and that's the shape we play. If you think we are playing 433, who are the 3 furthest forward? As far as I can tell, it's just Murray or Andone that is up there.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We're not playing 433 though. We have one up front. It's 451 and that's the shape we play. If you think we are playing 433, who are the 3 furthest forward? As far as I can tell, it's just Murray or Andone that is up there.

The real point is a return to a 4-4-1-1.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I guess it depends on whether you see CH as part of the problem or whether he’s been let down by the recruitment squad and the newbies and is blameless for the current troubles :shrug:

Or maybe somewhere in the middle.

I really doubt that a one off win will change my mind, but I am desperate for us to get one, however ugly it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here