Trick or Treat

Oct 25, 2003
The sense of entitlement is unbelievable

“Give my kids some of your stuff”

One of the worst traditions that we have inherited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But is it about the children, given there was a survey published about the number of parents who eat some of the sweets from their childrens takings, with 40% of parents eating more of the sweets than their children.

Great point, and agree, the sweets are eaten by all.

But parking that it’s an event for us parents to be with our kids. An event that you can all have fun and have memories. For that reason I am a believer

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In my area trick or treaters only call at houses with pumpkins outside. Means those not in to it don't get disturbed and those that are happy to indulge kids some sweets can make themselves known. No blackmail or begging involved.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Elephants version of trick or treat .

Dqwsxp8.gif

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
'Trick or treat - NO thanks' notices on my front window and door - as advised by the police here a few years ago - I seem to remember they actually handed out printed notices at the time, possibly through the Neighbourhood Watch. Generally seems quite effective.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Second year in a row I’ve been away for this absolute festival of ***kery. Sweden last year. Stuck on a train from the midlands this. Happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like both views on this. Mrs T is out with the nipper, in very good costumes, with a couple of other mums and nippers. They seem to like it. On the other hand there are teenagers on bikes in ski masks making a nuisance of thmselves in town. Fortunatly I live in an unwelcoming cul de sac, and have put up a sign that says 'beware of the Utter Baaastard'. And I'm off down my mate's house soon to watch some football. So, bollocks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No trick or treat sign on the door, works every year.
Having a nice peaceful evening, and I haven’t spent hard earned money on sweets for kids that I don’t know.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We're almost out of sweets and I'm bored of answering the door in my honey monster outfit whilst trying to watch the evening racing at Kempton.

Where we are the unwritten rule is only knock on the doors with Pumpkins out the front. You miserable lot remain undisturbed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're almost out of sweets and I'm bored of answering the door in my honey monster outfit whilst trying to watch the evening racing at Kempton.

Where we are the unwritten rule is only knock on the doors with Pumpkins out the front. You miserable lot remain undisturbed.

Same here.

I did the neighbourhood round with my lad (pirate zombie) and dog (out of control Labrador) and then came home to take over answering the door duties.

My zombie with a massive hatchet (not a euphemism) was pretty effective at scaring the shit out of the kids, particularly if I gave chase.

I stopped giving chase when a small child legged it to her parents in tears. They came back. "Don't worry - it's all part of the fun" said the Dad. I expect he made a mental note to not return next year.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Same here.

I did the neighbourhood round with my lad (pirate zombie) and dog (out of control Labrador) and then came home to take over answering the door duties.

My zombie with a massive hatchet (not a euphemism) was pretty effective at scaring the shit out of the kids, particularly if I gave chase.

I stopped giving chase when a small child legged it to her parents in tears. They came back. "Don't worry - it's all part of the fun" said the Dad. I expect he made a mental note to not return next year.

The kid probably thought psycho killer

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
THOUSANDS of costumed children and their parents are under the mistaken impression that they live in America, it has emerged.

The wrong-headed youngsters will dress up as witches and suchlike to indulge in the American ritual of visiting houses for sweets, something that makes absolutely no sense in the UK.

Professor Henry Brubaker of the Institute for Studies said: “There is a growing mass delusion involving something called ‘trick or treat’.

“It’s one of those things like monster trucks, Twinkies and Hulk Hogan that they love in the so-called ‘states’ but is in fact completely demented.

“Householders are quite entitled to tell these children to piss off on the basis that they are culturally irrelevant.”

Home owner Bill McKay said: “I had these two little ones turn up dressed as orcs. I held my ground and said, ‘This isn’t America – so **** off’.

“They went off crying, but sometimes life’s lessons come hard. I am proud of myself.”

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On a side note, a friend of my Mrs went to a fancy dress party the other day with a massive ‘Eileen’ name badge and loads of fake spunk on her...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here